Self Catering in Kent - Sevenoaks
Sleeps a maximum of: 2
Pricing From: £381.00
Sakers Cottage nestles within the last remaining Apple and Pear orchards of the area. It has a completely self contained and very private garden. Enjoy long summer days sitting in the shade of the old tree and enjoy the fragrant scent and colours of the summer flowers planted in borders and pots on the paved terrace.
During cold winter days, stay cosy and warm inside and admire the ever changing view over open fields from the panorama window upstairs in the cottage. You may even catch a glimpse of one of our rare breed pigs in a far paddock!
Sakers Cottage is a luxury detached Kentish Ragstone cottage nestled within the hamlet of Stone Street. The cottage has been fitted to a very high standard with a mix of vintage style and contemporary furnishings including a cosy log burner, integrated iPod docking station, WiFi, Satellite and Apple TV.
Somewhat 'off the beaten track' and tucked away with views across apple and pear orchards, paddocks and farmland. The area is perfect for walkers and lovers of National Trust properties. Ightham Mote can be walked to via the little used footpath running past the property. Along the way, depending on the season, meander through lavender fields and gather wild garlic, blackberries and elderflowers. Local pub/restaurants within walking distance include the Bucks Head at Godden Green, the Plough at Ivyhatch and the Chaser at Shipbourne - a good 'walkers' walk away! Free use of the Tennis Court at the property all year round.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- One bedroom and one en-suite shower room.
- Wood burning stove.
- Fully enclosed, terraced garden with a slight slope.
- Parking (a few yards from property).
- Sorry, no pets.
- A baby is welcome with own moses basket but sadly the cottage is not equipped for older babies or children.
- The headroom is slightly restricted for taller guests in the bedroom.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Fantastic views overlooking the surrounding fields.
- Fitted electric oven with separate electric hob, microwave.
- Dishwasher, fridge/freezer.
- Flatscreen television with Freeview in living area.
- Apple TV (used with clients own iTunes accounts for films, payTV and Netflix)
- iPod docking station with integrated ceiling speakers in living area.
- Weber barbecue.
- Tennis Court ( please provide own equipment)
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Welcome Hamper
- Tennis Court
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Sevenoaks area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Ightham Mote - 1.2 miles (Historic House)
Ightham, St Peter - 2 miles (Historic Church)
Knole House - 2.4 miles (Historic House)
Riverhill Himalayan Gardens - 2.4 miles (Garden)
Old Soar Manor - 3.1 miles (Historic House)
Great Comp Garden - 4 miles (Garden)
Tonbridge Castle - 5.3 miles (Castle)
Emmetts Garden - 5.6 miles (Garden)
East Peckham, St Michael's Church - 6 miles (Historic Church)
Coldrum Longbarrow - 6.3 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.