Self Catering in Gloucestershire - Blockley
Areas: Cotswolds, Gloucestershire
Sleeps a maximum of: 6
Pricing From: £602.00
The Glen is a spacious family house dating from the early 1800s with a large garden. It was renovated to provide modern facilities whilst maintaining the traditional features in order to maintain the atmosphere and character. It can accommodate up to six guests in three bedrooms, all with modern en-suite bathrooms.
Located in the peaceful village of Blockley, with two local pubs and a shop and cafÃ© a short walk away.
The Glen is a large, spacious family house dating from the early 19th century with exposed beams, Cotswold stone walls, and wooden floors. It has been renovated to a high modern standard and furnished with charming antiques. A feature of the property is its large enclosed garden with lawns, flower beds, herbs, garden furniture and barbecue.
Blockley is a delightful golden stone village situated in the rolling hills of the North Cotswolds between Moreton-in-Marsh and Chipping Campden, and near Stow-on-the-Wold, Broadway, Bourton-on-the-Water and well-known gardens. It has many historic buildings, including a converted water mill along the brook. It is a peaceful, charming village with a friendly community, centred on the cafe and well stocked shop. From Blockley there are many walks over beautiful countryside. There are two pubs within walking distance and interesting shops, pubs, and a variety of restaurants in the nearby villages and towns.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Three bedrooms, one family shower room, two en-suite shower rooms and one en-suite bathroom.
- Open fireplace in the sitting room.
- Large, enclosed garden with attractive herbaceous bedding.
- Off-street parking for one car with additional street parking nearby.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Gas range cooker with a large electric oven and 5 burners, Belfast sink, large American style fridge, dishwasher, freezer and microwave.
- Second kitchen: electric cooker, fridge with freezer compartment, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Sony 40' LCD television with Sky Free Sat and DVD player.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate are available on request.
- A patio area with bistro tables and chairs to seat twelve. A barbecue is also available.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Blockley area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Mill Dene Garden - 0.1 miles (Garden)
Batsford Arboretum - 1.6 miles (Garden)
Bourton House Garden - 1.6 miles (Garden)
Sezincote - 2.3 miles (Historic House)
Chipping Campden Market Hall - 2.9 miles (Historic Building)
Chipping Campden, St James Church - 3 miles (Historic Church)
Broadway Tower - 3.2 miles (Historic Building)
Longborough, St James - 3.3 miles (Historic Church)
Ebrington, St Eadburgha's Church - 3.5 miles (Historic Church)
Saintbury, St Nicholas Church - 4.1 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.