The remainder of the lease was purchased by their friend, the Austrian painter and sculptor Emil Fuchs, who was patronized by Edward VII. In 1911 he sold the last 13 years of the lease to Baroness Deichmann, the von Bunsens’ elder daughter. In 1928 the house was demolished and a block of flats, which bears its name, built in its place.
Excerpted from The London Encyclopaedia by kind permission of the Publishers, Pan MacMillan.
The London Encyclopaedia list of entries