Self Catering in Highlands and Islands - Rosehall
Areas: Sutherland, Highlands and Islands
Highlands and Islands
Sleeps a maximum of: 2
Pricing From: £343.00
Situated in the very heart of Sutherland, the most northerly county on the British mainland and a world renowned area for its stunning scenery, wildlife, food and drink, Am Bathach is part of a traditional working croft with Hebridean sheep grazing on the heather hills.
The cottage is part of an extensive refurbishment carried out on the original cow barn using traditional stonework and cedar logs from Pioneer Log Homes of Canada. Tastefully decorated using local tweeds and traditional furnishings complemented by modern appliances used in a contemporary way. The area is world renowned for its stunning scenery, wildlife, food and drink and friendly local communities.
Not so well known is the low rainfall and mild climate due to the Atlantic Gulf Stream, with glorious summers and beautiful long sunsets throughout the year. The dark sky is a stunning sight with the stars clearly visible, particularly here in Altass. The cottage is situated in the small hamlet of Rosehall which is surrounded by magnificent salmon fishing rivers and trout lochs, woodland walks and a welcoming local hotel serving delicious food.
A perfect base for touring, being based midway between west, north and east coasts, where the varied coastline is a magnet for wildlife and birdwatching.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- One bedroom with two double beds.
- One shower room.
- Babies welcome.
- Parking for up to three vehicles.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog), please keep on the lead in the immediate vicinity as hens and sheep wander freely.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Recently renovated using traditional stonework and cedar logs from Pioneer Log Homes of Canada.
- On-site is The Highland Shooting Centre.
- Use of two adult and two children's cycles on request.
- Dark and clear night skies.
- Tastefully decorated using local tweeds and traditional furnishings.
- Kitchen includes gas oven with separate has hob, dishwasher, microwave and fridge/freezer. A further double drawer fridge & chest freezer can be accessed on request.
- Digital satellite TV with Freeview and digital radio.
- Large electric power shower.
- Travel cot and high chair available (please request).
- Garden accessed by double patio doors onto decking area.
- Garden furniture with charcoal barbecue.
- Large natural pond within walking distance, small children will need to be accompanied.
- The property is surrounded by wild croft land and open skies.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Rosehall area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Bone Caves - 18.6 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Gates of Negapatam (Fyrish Monument) - 19.6 miles (Historic Building)
Dunrobin Castle - 20.7 miles (Historic House)
Carn Liath Broch - 21.3 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Ardvreck Castle - 22.5 miles (Castle)
Eas a Chual Aluinn Waterfall - 22.5 miles (Countryside)
Corrieshalloch Gorge - 23.6 miles (Countryside)
Fearn Abbey - 23.9 miles (Abbey)
Nigg Old Kirk & Pictish Stone - 25.1 miles (Historic Church)
Shandwick Stone - 26.3 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.