Self Catering in Norfolk - Wells-next-the-Sea
Areas: Norfolk Coast, Norfolk
Sleeps a maximum of: 10
Pricing From: £1300.00
This was one of the earliest buildings in the 15th century town of Wells-next-the-Sea. Originally built as an inn, it has views over a conservation area. Recently renovated for modern living, the house has secluded front and rear gardens.
Laylands was the first building on the road to Wells-next-the-Sea and one of the earliest buildings in the 15th century town. It was originally built as an inn offering shelter to the drovers from the north bringing cattle and sheep to catch boats to the continent. The old settle where the drovers drank their ale still remains in the corner of the house.
Laylands enjoys an elevated position with views over a green belt conservation area. The house is detached with secluded front and rear gardens. The large rear garden, which is walled and south facing, has mature fruit trees and a large patio, perfect for outside dining.
The house is situated just a five minute walk from the harbour and the sea. Wells beach, with its famous white sand dunes and beach huts, is easily reached by a 15-minute walk through the pine wood. Having recently undergone a complete renovation which is sympathetic to the historic heart of the house, it also encompasses all the conveniences for modern living.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps ten guests.
- Five bedrooms, two en-suite bathrooms and one family shower room.
- Please note that one bedroom, although private, does not have a door and is more suitable for older children and adults.
- Wood burning stove.
- Front and rear gardens with patio.
- Onsite parking for four vehicles.
- Please note that the maximum occupancy for this property is 10 adults and one baby.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of three night stay.
- Underfloor heating in some parts of the property, wood burning stove in the sitting room.
- Large range cooker, microwave, American fridge freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- 42' flatscreen TV, BT vision TV package including Netflix.
- Travel cot, high chair and stairgates available upon request.
- Sleeps: 10
- Bedrooms: 5
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Wells-next-the-Sea area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Holkham Hall - 1.9 miles (Historic House)
Holkham, St Withburga's Church - 2.2 miles (Historic Church)
Burnham Thorpe, All Saints Church - 4 miles (Historic Church)
Great Walsingham, St Peter's Church - 4.2 miles (Historic Church)
Creake Abbey - 4.4 miles (Abbey)
Burnham Overy, St Clement's Church - 4.4 miles (Historic Church)
Walsingham Abbey - 4.5 miles (Abbey)
Walsingham Friary - 4.7 miles (Abbey)
Burnham Overy Staithe Windmill - 4.7 miles (Historic Building)
Burnham Norton Friary - 4.7 miles (Abbey)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.