Self Catering in Devon - Axminster
Sleeps a maximum of: 5
Pricing From: £408.00
Part of the Manger was once a stable, its original features retained while modern additions have been gently inserted. Inside, there are lime-washed walls and soft lighting while outside the terrace offers uninterrupted views down to the river and along the spectacular valley.
The Manger lies at the end of a long drive. A major renovation in 2017 has included new thatch, a separate dining area, the addition of a spacious sitting room, a second bathroom and additional bedrooms. Outside, elegant estate fencing fully encloses the enormous garden and orchard, while a new Larch deck easily accommodates a full complement of guests. The garden and surrounding woodland with its ancient hedgerows and open fields, is home to badgers, deer, rabbits and a great variety of birds and moths. A weir pool with a salmon ladder and a bluebell wood lie along one of the many nearby footpaths.
The Shippen sleeping four guests is also available to book at this location.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps five guests.
- Two double bedrooms, one with en-suite, one single bedroom and one family bathroom.
- Please be mindful of a single low truss on the upper floor.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Enclosed acre of garden.
- Parents of small children should note that there is a pond within the grounds of the property.
- Ample parking.
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge).
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Thatched roof, lime washed stone walls and exposed beams.
- Green oak terrace leads to open field and valley views.
- Adjoining barn has table tennis.
- Ideal for a Romantic Retreat.
- Guest use of a paddock.
- Cot and Highchair available on request.
- Guests who regularly return say that photography and descriptions can't come close capturing the scale and beauty of the natural surroundings.
- Electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
- 30' Flat screen digital TV, DVD, music centre with iPod dock.
- Barbecue and charcoal available.
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 3
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- Games Room
- Table Tennis
- Tennis Court
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Axminster area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Loughwood Meeting House - 1.5 miles (Historic Building)
Axminster Heritage Centre - 2.3 miles (Museum)
Shute Barton - 2.5 miles (Historic Building)
Musbury, St Michael's Church - 4.1 miles (Historic Church)
Colyton, St Andrew's Church - 4.6 miles (Historic Church)
Offwell, St Mary's Church - 4.8 miles (Historic Church)
Monkton Wyld, St Andrew's Church - 5.1 miles (Historic Church)
Northleigh, St Giles Church - 5.6 miles (Historic Church)
Forde Abbey - 5.8 miles (Historic House)
Southleigh, St Lawrence Church - 6.1 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.