Self Catering in Devon - Membury
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £402.00
Lying in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Shippen enjoys a remarkable elevated position that offers panoramic views down the length of the Yarty valley.
Its private paddock and enclosed garden are surrounded by ancient woodlands and open fields while the Jurassic coast is only a few miles away. One of the many local footpaths allows access to a bluebell wood and, on the river, a weir pool and salmon ladder. The interior, airy and open-planned, offers easy access to all areas, including the double height bedrooms and spacious terrace.
The Manger sleeping five guests is also available to book at this location.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- The accommodation is on the ground floor
- Two bedrooms, one with en-suite shower room.
- Separate bathroom.
- Free standing wood burning stove.
- Large front garden leading to enclosed half acre paddock.
- There is a small pond within the extensive grounds.
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge).
- Ample parking
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Fabulous views.
- The sitting and dining area have glass doors which open onto the terrace.
- Electric hob and oven, multifunctional microwave, fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
- 32' Flat screen digital TV, DVD, CD, radio, iPod dock.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Barbecue and charcoal available.
- Table tennis available in the adjacent barn.
- Guests may use the village tennis court by arrangement.
- Guest use of a paddock.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- Games Room
- Table Tennis
- Tennis Court
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Membury area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Loughwood Meeting House - 1.5 miles (Historic Building)
Axminster Heritage Centre - 2.3 miles (Museum)
Shute Barton - 2.5 miles (Historic Building)
Musbury, St Michael's Church - 4.1 miles (Historic Church)
Colyton, St Andrew's Church - 4.6 miles (Historic Church)
Offwell, St Mary's Church - 4.8 miles (Historic Church)
Monkton Wyld, St Andrew's Church - 5.1 miles (Historic Church)
Northleigh, St Giles Church - 5.6 miles (Historic Church)
Forde Abbey - 5.8 miles (Historic House)
Southleigh, St Lawrence Church - 6.1 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.