Self Catering in Clwyd - Colwyn Bay
Areas: Conwy, Clwyd
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £429.00
This beautiful secluded farmhouse, on the Bodnant Estate, is high on the shoulder of a valley with magnificent views towards the Denbigh moors. It retains many period features including beamed ceilings and original small paned sash windows.
Garth Iwrch is one of eight luxury self-catering cottages on The Bodnant Estate near Conwy in North Wales. A perfect outdoor break, the Bodnant Estate is privately owned and this cottage lies off a woodland track from where there are glorious walks along private paths through woods and across farmland. The world famous Bodnant Garden owned by the National Trust, is central to the Estate and within one to two miles' walking distance from the properties and open 361 days a year. The world famous garden is famed for its laburnum arch, Italiante terraces, waterfalls and National Collections of plants.
This beautiful secluded holiday farmhouse rental, high on the shoulder of a valley with magnificent far-reaching views towards the Denbigh moors, retains many period features including beamed ceilings, an original slate floor in the living room and original small-paned sash windows. Lovingly restored, it now boasts a south facing terrace and a 'snug' with a wood burning stove.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms, one en-suite bathroom and one en-suite shower room.
- Two wood burning stoves.
- Enclosed lawned garden with a south facing terrace and excellent views.
- Parking for three vehicles.
- You can bring your dog to this cottage (small additional charge). Due to nearby livestock, please keep your pet under careful control.
- Please note that access to the cottage is via a single lane road and unsurfaced track.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Rangemaster range cooker with gas hob and oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine.
- TV, Freeview, DVD, CD, radio and Hi-fi.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
- Fishing permits available at Bodnant Garden Centre.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Colwyn Bay area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Caerhun Roman Fort (Canovium) - 1.3 miles (Roman Site)
Bodnant Garden - 1.7 miles (Garden)
Hendre Waelod Burial Chamber - 3.2 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Maen y Bardd (Stone of the Bard) - 3.6 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Conwy Castle - 4.9 miles (Castle)
Aberconwy Abbey - 4.9 miles (Abbey)
Conwy Suspension Bridge - 4.9 miles (Historic Building)
Teapot World (Teapot Museum) - 5 miles (Museum)
Aberconwy House - 5 miles (Historic House)
Plas Mawr - 5 miles (Historic House)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.