Self Catering in Warwickshire - Shipston-on-Stour
Areas: Cotswolds, Warwickshire
Sleeps a maximum of: 10
Pricing From: £1945.00
Kick back as Lord and Lady of the Manor in this elegant period home. Set within acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, this historic property offers a tranquil base to explore the North Cotswolds and within easy reach Shakespeare's country.
Tucked away in this little explored corner of the Cotswolds and within easy reach of Shakespeare country sits Stourton Manor, a much loved home and a piece of living history. Dating from the early 1600s and painstakingly restored by the present owners, it's a rare privilege to experience such heritage as a guest. Impressive inglenooks, original flagstone floors, exposed beams and rarely seen authentic elm panelled walls all combine to create a unique backdrop to your time away with family and friends.
The house sleeps up to ten guests in five bedrooms which exude period charm. There's an elegant sitting room and sophisticated library, each with open fires and the cosy ambiance of the dining hall. The characterful country kitchen has everything you will need to cook up a storm, with a traditional pantry linking the kitchen to the dining hall provides ample storage as well as all manner of kitchen paraphernalia.
An adjacent barn houses a yoga studio with some gym equipment, contemporary shower room and spacious family games room. The private enclosed grounds extend to two acres and include a tiger turf tennis court and cricket net with bowling machine. The village of Stourton is located in the north eastern corner of the Cotswolds in the county of Warwickshire within easy reach of the home of the Bard.
Dating from the post-medieval period, the house is surrounded by fascinating history, not least of which the dissolution of the monasteries and the English Civil War. Nowadays, the locality is brimming with artisan producers as well as sites of interest: The Cotswold Distillery is literally on the doorstep (Stourton Manor guests qualify for a discount), the Hook Norton Brewery still using traditional methods is within easy reach and Todenham Manor Farm renowned for its top quality outdoor reared pork and beef is nearby. The local market town of Shipston-on-Stour shuns large supermarkets which makes it a delight for traditional fresh produce shopping and independent shops.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps ten guests.
- Two super-king bedrooms, one king-size bedroom and one large single bedroom.
- Family bedroom with super king bed and single bed
- Three bathrooms in the main house and one shower room in the adjacent barn conversion.
- Two inglenook fireplaces and one woodburning stove.
- Two acres of grounds including traditional knot garden, lawn, orchard and tennis court.
- Children and infants in own travel cot welcome.
- Two well behaved dogs welcome.
- Off street parking for up to six cars.
- Minimum three night stay.
- Period features including original flagstone floors, elm panelled walls and exposed beams.
- Two enamelled claw foot baths.
- Range cooker with six gas burners and two electric ovens.
- Microwave, fridge/freezer and dishwasher
- Washing machine, tumble dryer and drying rack.
- Televisions with full Sky package including sport and movie channels.
- DVD player.
- Small selection of books, board games and DVDs.
- Yoga studio with some gym equipment.
- Games room with billiards table.
- Cricket net with bowling machine.
- Sleeps: 10
- Bedrooms: 5
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- Games Room
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Shipston-on-Stour area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Whichford, St Michael - 1.7 miles (Historic Church)
Lower Brailes, St George's Church - 1.9 miles (Historic Church)
Rollright Stones - 3.8 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Long Compton, St Peter and St Paul - 3.8 miles (Historic Church)
Great Rollright, St Andrews - 3.9 miles (Historic Church)
Hook Norton Brewery & Museum - 4 miles (Historic Building)
Little Rollright, St Philip - 4.3 miles (Historic Church)
Tredington, St Gregory's Church - 4.7 miles (Historic Church)
Whatcote, St Peter's Church - 4.8 miles (Historic Church)
Swalcliffe Barn - 5.1 miles (Historic Building)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.