Self Catering in Norfolk - Buxton-with-Lamas
The Mill House
Sleeps a maximum of: 13
Pricing From: £1516.00
A large, informal, Grade II listed house dating back to 1650. With extensive gardens, the house overlooks the River Bure, 10 miles North of Norwich and 10 miles south of Cromer.
The Mill House is a large, informal, Grade II listed house. Its early parts date back to 1650, but the majority of the property was built in the 1770's. This impressive property overlooks the River Bure and sits alongside the large mill building.
There are extensive gardens including a stream, lawns, ponds and woodland. Buxton with Lamas is a small village, approximately 10 miles north of Norwich and 10 miles south of Cromer on the coast. Situated on the edge of the Broads, the River Bure runs through it, right beside Mill House.
The village has a pub, shop and a fish and chip shop. There are several circular walks from the property along with a single gauge steam railway line which stops at Buxton (en-route between Aylsham and Wroxham). The track alongside the steam railway is an off road cycle path and footpath.
The River Bure in this area is a popular wild water swim and an excellent spot for fishermen (fishing licenses can be bought locally).
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps 13 guests.
- Seven bedrooms, two en suites, two family bathrooms.
- Wood burning stove.
- Five acres of grounds including a woodland, ponds, streams and lawns.
- Ample off street parking.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a 3 night stay.
- Children's climbing frame and table tennis.
- Oil-fired Aga with freestanding electric cooker, microwave, dishwasher, American style fridge/freezer.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Three televisions, two of which have Sky (incl Sky Sports) and the other with Freeview.
- Three CD players, three DVD players and a radio.
- Telephone. Please note that there is no mobile telephone reception within the house.
- Four travel cots are available along with one high chair, we do however request that guests bring linen with them as only a flat sheet is provided.
- Garden furniture and BBQ.
- Wet suits and wellies are available for use on an honesty basis.
- There is a fishing syndicate which operates locally.
Fishing day tickets are available which can be purchased from the landowner by calling - 01603 279741
- Sleeps: 13
- Bedrooms: 7
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Games Room
- Table Tennis
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Buxton-with-Lamas area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Buxton Mill - 0.1 miles (Historic Building)
Oxnead, St Michael's Church - 0.9 miles (Historic Church)
Burgh-next-Aylsham, St Mary's Church - 1.8 miles (Historic Church)
Skeyton, All Saints Church - 1.9 miles (Historic Church)
Marsham, All Saints Church - 2.5 miles (Historic Church)
Swanton Abbott, St Michael's Church - 2.8 miles (Historic Church)
Horstead Mill - 2.9 miles (Historic Building)
Coltishall, St John the Baptist Church - 2.9 miles (Historic Church)
Bure Valley Railway - 3.4 miles (Family Attraction)
Worstead, St Mary's Church - 4.5 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.