Nice location, possible bed bugs, poor service from Sykes and owner
I stayed at Weir Cottage with my family at the end of August.
- the setting - very picturesque with a nice view of the pond
- good location - well placed for access to amenities and tourist hot spots in the area
- the main issue we had during the early part of our stay was that our children, having slept in the twin room, woke up with multiple bite marks on their body (my eldest son had over 40 bite marks!). As a GP I was concerned that the bites were consistent with bed bug bites, NHS colleagues that I consulted with were of a similar opinion. We contacted the owner via text, he promised to call us to help resolve but we never heard from him. We took matters into our own hands and bought new bedding from the nearby supermarket, thoroughly cleaned the beds and mattressed and liberally applied insect killer spray, thankfully no further bites occurred thereafter but this is not what you want to spend a day of your holiday doing. We didn't sleep well following this incident and had to rotate sleeping arrangements, we decided to leave a day early.
- Decor was a little tired and grubby
- Cleanliness was sub-standard which we were surprised about as we were told to check in later (and leave earlier) than originally stated on the booking Ts and Cs to allow more time for cleaning (for Covid)
in summary, I can understand that in rented accomodation you take the risk that something like this might occur but I am most disappointed that the owner was of no help and Sykes cottages have still not responded to our email of these concerns sent over 2 months ago (hence the timing of posting this review as I thought I would give Sykes the chance to respond). I won't be staying here again, I struggle to recommend it to anyone else and I won't be using Sykes again in future.
Poor service from owners nice cottage
On arrival boiler not working phoned owner told me how to top it up pressure to get it working. Had to do this twice a day all week re phoned owner on Monday who said he was on it nothing happened. Engineer turned up Thursday evening said oh yes this boiler has had this problem I know all about it did nothing and left. People without my knowledge of boilers would have had no hot water and heating at all very poor service. Also both sofas were very grubby and could do with cleaning.
A Holiday Lettings verified reviewer
We Have Just Ended Our Holiday At "Weir Cottage".
My wife and l booked our holiday via the internet, with no personal recommendations.
Upon arrival our breath was taken away the cottage was superb and so well appointed. All the fitting out was to extremely high standard, congratulations.
Many thanks for a brilliant week. John F.
Excellent cottage, great location for walking or driving short distances to good restauarants and local attrcations
Really comfortable, clean, spacious and nicely equipped. Within walking distance of a few really good restaurants and excellent tourist attractions. We spent a week here and didn't need to drive more than 50 minutes to access some really interesting mills, caverns, canal trips, walks etc typical of the Peak District. On arrival we were supplied with a few teabags, sugar, coffee sachets, biscuits, a pint of milk, pump hand soaps in all bathrooms and the downstairs loo, washing up liquid and a dishcloth. Although there is no garden, there is a table and 4 chairs on the driveway which is secluded and in front of the pond. The weir is noisy 24/7 but we found it pleasant and could hear it through the night through the open windows. The second bedroom only has a chest of drawers and as we were two adult couples, storage in this room was limited. It would have helped if some hooks were attached to the wall to hang dresses and trousers. The showers worked well. The sofas are getting to the stage were they need to be replaced or steam cleaned. These were minor niggles though and didn't spoil what was otherwise a really great cottage in a very good location.
Lovely spot and cottage but really let down by uncomfortable beds
The location and the cottage itself are gorgeous. However I think we were the first guest to stay there as there was a fine layer of dust over absolutely everything and despite arriving late we had to spend a good hour wiping down all the surfaces to get rid of the dust. Also the suede type fabric lounge suite didn't appear to be new and so desperately needed a steam clean. Large fluffy towels would be a nice touch. The other really big issue was the beds. This cottage could be 5 star if there was a decent sized (queen or king bed) and decent quality bed. The current master bed is only an awful double, with springs that can be felt when lying on it. I urge the owner to replace the bed with a high quality, pillow topped larger bed. Same with the singles...good quality mattresses would make the world of difference. We have family nearby and love to visit so would happily return if the bedding issue was sorted.