Self Catering in Yorkshire - Ampleforth
Areas: North Yorkshire, Yorkshire
Sleeps a maximum of: 2
Pricing From: £399.00
This former stonemason's workshop in the heart of the village of Ampleforth, has been beautifully renovated into a light and airy bolthole for two and a perfect base for exploring all of the beautiful countryside and coast of North Yorkshire.
Mason's Cottage was originally owned by a family of stonemasons who worked on the local churches, houses and schools including Ampleforth Abbey.
Ampleforth has existed as a village since Saxon times and is mentioned in the Domesday Book. The village is situated at the southern boundary of the North Yorkshire Moors National Park, just north of the Howardian Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and surrounded by beautiful countryside, offering scenic walks and cycling routes right from the front door. Just five minutes' drive away is the pretty market town of Helmsley with its Castle, Walled Garden, Duncombe Park and a wide range of shops, pubs and restaurants.
Prospect House (sleeping eight guests) is next to Mason's Cottage and available to book through Rural Retreats.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- Ground floor accommodation (there are two internal steps within).
- Master bedroom with 6' zip and link bed.
- Bathroom with bath and shower over.
- Wood burning stove.
- Small, enclosed outdoor seating area.
- Children over 10 years welcome.
- One well behaved dog welcome (small additional charge).
- Walks and cycle routes from the front door.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Double height sitting room with lovely, large windows.
- Sofa bed in the sitting room (see Notes).
- Electric oven and separate electric hob.
- Microwave, fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher.
- Television with internet enabled TV.
- Telephone with honesty box.
- Garden furniture.
- Allocated parking outside the property.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- One Dog
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Dog Friendly
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Ampleforth area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Gilling Castle - 1.8 miles (Historic Building)
Byland Abbey - 2.1 miles (Abbey)
Duncombe Park - 2.9 miles (Garden)
Helmsley Castle - 3.6 miles (Castle)
Rievaulx Terrace and Temples - 3.9 miles (Garden)
Rievaulx Abbey - 4 miles (Abbey)
White Horse of Kilburn - 4.5 miles (Countryside)
Nunnington Hall - 5.4 miles (Historic Building)
Hovingham Hall - 5.5 miles (Historic House)
Hovingham, All Saints Church - 5.6 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.