Self Catering in Yorkshire - Ampleforth
Areas: North Yorkshire, Yorkshire
Sleeps a maximum of: 8
Pricing From: £880.00
Prospect House is a handsome, three storey family home with wonderful views of the so-called Gilling Gap from the first floor. Ampleforth is positioned on the edge of the North Yorks Moors, offering a perfect location from which to explore the beautiful countryside and coast of North Yorkshire.
Prospect House is a handsome, three storey, four bedroom family home and a perfect base for exploring all of the beautiful countryside and coast of North Yorkshire. The house was originally owned by a family of stonemasons who worked on the local churches, houses and schools including Ampleforth Abbey. The name of the house reflects the wonderful views of the so-called Gilling Gap from the first floor bedrooms!
Ampleforth has existed as a village since Saxon times and is mentioned in the Domesday Book. The village is situated at the southern boundary of the North Yorkshire Moors National Park, just north of the Howardian Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and surrounded by beautiful countryside, offering scenic walks and cycling routes right from the front door. Just five minutes' drive away is the pretty market town of Helmsley with its Castle, Walled Garden, Duncombe Park and a wide range of shops, pubs and restaurants.
Mason's Cottage (sleeping two guests) is next to Prospect House and available to book through Rural Retreats.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Master bedroom with king-size bed and en-suite.
- Two further double bedrooms (one king-size and one with 6' zip and link) and a twin bedroom.
- Family bathroom and further shower room.
- Wood burning stove.
- South facing lawned garden
- Paved patio.
- Walks and cycle routes from the front door.
- On-street parking.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Up to two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge)
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Views from first floor windows.
- Second floor den.
- Electric oven and separate electric hob.
- Microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Television room with internet enabled TV.
- Telephone with honesty box.
- A stairgate, two highchairs and two cots available on request.
- Garden furniture.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Ampleforth area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Gilling Castle - 1.8 miles (Historic Building)
Byland Abbey - 2.1 miles (Abbey)
Duncombe Park - 2.9 miles (Garden)
Helmsley Castle - 3.6 miles (Castle)
Rievaulx Terrace and Temples - 3.9 miles (Garden)
Rievaulx Abbey - 4 miles (Abbey)
White Horse of Kilburn - 4.5 miles (Countryside)
Nunnington Hall - 5.4 miles (Historic Building)
Hovingham Hall - 5.6 miles (Historic House)
Hovingham, All Saints Church - 5.6 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.