Self Catering in Norfolk - East Rudham
Areas: North Norfolk, Norfolk
Sleeps a maximum of: 6
Pricing From: £408.00
Clock Cottage is a pretty, comfortable brick and flint cottage in the charming north Norfolk village of East Rudham. The cottage was once the home of a clock maker and the clock on the outside dates back to this time.
Clock Cottage is a pretty, comfortably furnished, traditional brick and flint end-of-terrace cottage in the charming north Norfolk village of East Rudham, in a quiet road. Built around 1815, the cottage was once the home of Mr Higgins, a local clock maker in the mid-Victorian period. The clock on the outside of the cottage dates back to this time.
The village boasts a good butchers as well as a tea room serving yummy cakes, one of the most visited shops in Norfolk. The excellent 'gastro' pub called The Crown is owned by celebrity chef Chris Coubrough. The village tennis court, a playing field and bowling club are nearby. For keen walkers the area is ideal for enjoying the coastal paths. Sculthorpe nature reserve with excellent bird watching is 5 minutes away and there is also excellent bird watching at both Titchwell and Holme nature reserves.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four + two guests.
- This property is more suitable for four adults.
- Three bedrooms and one shower room.
- Wood burning stove.
- Small, private garden with patio.
- Sorry, no pets.
- May be unsuitable for guests with mobility difficulties - please see Notes.
- Children over 3 years are welcome.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher.
- Washing machine in the utility/boot room.
- TV/DVD/CD in the sitting room. TV, radio, iPod station in the garden room.
- Garden furniture and six chairs.
- Guests are welcome to use the village tennis court with their own rackets, shoes and balls. There is a £1 charge for running costs.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- Pub Nearby
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the East Rudham area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Houghton, St Martin's Church - 2.2 miles (Historic Church)
Houghton Hall - 2.4 miles (Historic House)
Harpley, St Lawrence Church - 2.9 miles (Historic Church)
Great Massingham, St Mary's Church - 3.7 miles (Historic Church)
Bloodgate Hill Hillfort - 4.6 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Bircham Windmill - 5.2 miles (Historic Building)
South Creake, St Mary's Church - 5.3 miles (Historic Church)
Fakenham, St Peter & St Paul Church - 5.6 miles (Historic Church)
North Creake, St Mary's Church - 6.1 miles (Historic Church)
Creake Abbey - 7.3 miles (Abbey)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.