Self Catering in Gloucestershire - Painswick
Areas: Cotswolds, Gloucestershire
Painswick Travel and Heritage Information
Spring Cottage (Gloucestershire)
Sleeps a maximum of: 2
Pricing From: £357.00
Spring Cottage is an idyllic, cosy, self-catering holiday cottage for two guests, situated in the heart of Painswick just a stone's throw from St Mary's Church yet secretly tucked away in a peaceful, private spot. This luxury cottage has recently been refurbished and faces south with wonderful views.
Modern and stylish yet with traditional charm, it is the perfect rural retreat being within close walking distance of several excellent restaurants and breath-taking Cotswold countryside. Painswick is arguably one of the most attractive of the larger Cotswold wool villages and is the epitome of the perfect English village. Known as the 'Queen of the Cotswolds' and lying half-way along the Cotswold Way National Trail, Painswick is within the Cotswold Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and is made up of beautiful individual buildings built of mellow Cotswold stone from the local quarry.
There is much to discover by just wandering around the quaint and narrow streets, such as the independent shops, cafes, pubs, restaurants, cottage businesses, exhibitions and historical buildings, some dating back to the 15th Century. Walking in the area is quite outstanding, in every direction, through countless hidden valleys with streams, wooded hillsides and breath-taking views. These include the nearby Slad Valley, made famous by Laurie Lee's book 'Cider with Rosie', the nearby Painswick Beacon with magnificent views across the Severn Valley, the beautiful Rococo Gardens nearby and some perfect pub walks.
Within a few minutes' walk of the cottage there are several exceptional places to dine including The Falcon Hotel, The Bistro at Cardynham House, Olivas, The Royal Oak and the newly refurbished boutique hotel, The Painswick. For exceptional food shopping, there is the multi award winning Stroud Farmer's Market which takes place every Saturday.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- One double bedroom with en-suite shower room.
- Family bathroom.
- Quiet, fully enclosed pretty private garden with south facing terrace with seating area.
- Although there is no parking at the property, there is a car park within walking distance.
- WiFi. Telephone.
- Small baby in own moses basket welcome.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome at the owner's discretion, kept to the ground floor only please. (Small additional charge per dog)
- Minimum stay three nights.
- Special offer for long stay bookings, please enquire.
- Country views from the bed.
- Exposed beams.
- 2 gas fired ' wood burners'
- Dishwasher, fridge with small freezer compartment.
- Microwave and fitted electric oven with separate gas hob, wine cooler and Nespresso coffee maker (see notes).
- Smart television in the sitting room, dvd player, digital radio.
- Bose speakers which can be connected to smartphones. USB points on all floors.
- Sorry, no washing machine
- Free personal laundry service for stays over 7 days.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- Pub Nearby
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Painswick area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Painswick Rococo Garden - 0.5 miles (Garden)
Brookthorpe, St Swithun's Church - 2.5 miles (Historic Church)
Great Witcombe Roman Villa - 3.5 miles (Roman Site)
Misarden Park Gardens - 4.5 miles (Garden)
Hardwicke Court - 5 miles (Historic House)
Syde, St Mary's Church - 5.2 miles (Historic Church)
Greyfriars, Gloucester - 5.8 miles (Abbey)
Gloucester Waterways Museum - 5.8 miles (Museum)
Blackfriars, Gloucester - 5.9 miles (Abbey)
St Mary Magdalene Leper Hospital Chapel - 5.9 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Stay from: £2767.00 - 20602.00
Stay from: £1413.00 - 5058.00
Stay from: £1032.00 - 4632.00
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.
UK Self Catering
England - Scotland - Wales
Devon - Cornwall - Lake District - Highlands - North Wales - South West Wales