Self Catering in Devon - Torcross
Areas: South Hams, Devon
Downsteps Beach House
Sleeps a maximum of: 5
Pricing From: £562.00
This charming and lovingly restored 200 year old beachside fisherman's cottage nestles in a secluded cove in Torcross, on the South Devon coast between Dartmouth and Salcombe. The cottage itself combines a rustic feel with modern comforts.
This delightful property was featured in The Times as one of 2017's 50 best cottages in Britain. It has spectacular sea views over Start Bay and steps leading from the garden directly down to the shingle beach. This proximity to the sea means you fall asleep and wake up to the sound of the waves and have the most beautiful ocean views from almost every window of the house - ideal accommodation for your self catering break in South Devon.
The cottage combines a rustic country feel with a modern twist. With its low beamed ceilings, stripped original floorboards, seagrass carpets and eclectic furniture, the cottage accommodation provides everything you need for a relaxing and comfortable holiday in the South Hams.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps five guests.
- There are a number of steps all around the property, therefore unsuitable for guests with mobility difficulties.
- Three bedrooms.
- One bathroom with separate shower.
- Open fire in sitting room.
- One well behaved dog welcome (small additional charge).
- On-site parking for one car only in a communal parking area adjacent to the cottage.
- Please be aware, the access to this property is steep and narrow.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Spectacular sea views over Start Bay.
- The proximity of the sea means you can fall asleep and wake up to the sound of waves.
- Beautiful ocean views from almost every window.
- A cot, stairgate and highchair can be provided on request.
- Electric hob and oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, separate small freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Television, CD player, DVD player, iPod docking station.
- Telephone for incoming calls.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 3
- One Dog
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Torcross area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Salcombe Maritime Museum - 5.4 miles (Museum)
Overbeck's Museum and Garden - 6.5 miles (Museum)
Dartmouth Castle - 6.5 miles (Castle)
Bayard's Cove Fort - 6.6 miles (Historic Building)
Coleton Fishacre House and Garden - 7.7 miles (Historic House)
Greenway - 8.7 miles (Historic House)
North Huish, St Mary's Church - 11.4 miles (Historic Church)
Totnes Castle - 11.6 miles (Castle)
Kirkham House - 12.6 miles (Historic Building)
Berry Pomeroy Castle - 13 miles (Castle)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.