Self Catering in Warwickshire - Shipston-on-Stour
Areas: Cotswolds, Warwickshire
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £455.00
This light, warm and spacious cottage in Ilmington was converted from a Cotswold stone barn. It is situated on a quiet lane in a conservation area, with scenic walks onto Ilmington Downs starting a few yards from the door.
Cider Press Cottage is a light, warm and spacious semi-detached property offering accommodation on a single level. Converted from a Cotswold stone barn, it is situated on a quiet no through lane in a conservation area, with scenic walks onto Ilmington Downs starting a few yards from the front door. Ilmington is an attractive village, criss-crossed by footpaths, and lying in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Two traditional country pubs (including the Howard Arms, well-known locally for its excellent restaurant) are within walking distance of the cottage, in addition to the well stocked village shop. Places to visit nearby include Chipping Campden (4 miles), Stratford-upon-Avon (8 miles) and Hidcote and Kiftsgate Gardens (2 miles). A short drive away you will find the town on Broadway, often referred to as the 'show village of England' due to its beautiful honey coloured limestone buildings, some of which date back to the 16th century.
Visit the Broadway Deli to stock up on all the lovely, local produce that is beautifully presented inside and outside of the shop.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- All ground floor accommodation.
- Two bedrooms, one double bedroom with en-suite shower room and one twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
- Wood burning stove.
- Private, gravelled garden to rear with patio and small stream (toddler proof).
- Two dogs welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Off street parking for two cars.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Underfloor heating in hall and kitchen.
- TV, video, DVD and CD player.
- Electric hob and oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Tucked away, just off the village square.
- Perfect walking area with stunning views from the highest point in Warwickshire and overlooking several counties.
- Excellent children's outdoor playground a short walk away.
- Todenham Manor Farm can deliver a box of fresh meat to your cottage for your stay.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Shipston-on-Stour area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Ilmington, St Mary's Church - 0.1 miles (Historic Church)
Hidcote Manor Gardens - 2 miles (Garden)
Kiftsgate Court Gardens - 2.2 miles (Garden)
Ebrington, St Eadburgha's Church - 2.6 miles (Historic Church)
Tredington, St Gregory's Church - 3.1 miles (Historic Church)
Halford, St Mary's Church - 3.4 miles (Historic Church)
Preston on Stour, St Mary's Church - 4.1 miles (Historic Church)
Chipping Campden, St James Church - 4.1 miles (Historic Church)
Chipping Campden Market Hall - 4.4 miles (Historic Building)
Whatcote, St Peter's Church - 5.6 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Stay from: £461.00
Stay from: £364.00 - 1266.00
Stay from: £425.00 - 1715.00
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.
UK Self Catering
England - Scotland - Wales
Devon - Cornwall - Lake District - Highlands - North Wales - South West Wales