Self Catering in Northumberland - Cornhill-on-Tweed
Sleeps a maximum of: 6
Pricing From: £387.00
This secluded country hideaway, one and a half miles from Cornhill-on-Tweed has a beautiful outlook towards the Cheviot Hills. Originally a shepherd's cottage, it offers comfortable modern accommodation while retaining its original features and charm.
Lightpipe is a secluded hideaway nestled in the midst of the rolling Northumberland countryside, with a beautiful outlook towards the Cheviot Hills. Just over a mile from the River Tweed and one and a half miles from Cornhill-on-Tweed, Lightpipe was originally a humble shepherd's cottage built of the local stone around 1835. In 2005 it was lovingly restored and extended.
It now offers extremely comfortable and modern accommodation whilst retaining its original charm and features. Incorporated into the walls under the eaves are roosts for the local pipistrelle bats, while a barn owl nesting box has been built into the roof space. In the village of Cornhill-on-Tweed you will find the local pub, The Collingwood Arms and the Cornhill village shop and cafÃ© which provides fresh, local produce and delicious baked goods.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- The accommodation is on the ground floor.
- Three bedrooms.
- Family bathroom and en-suite shower room.
- Wood burning stove.
- Lawned area surrounding cottage, completely fenced.
- Up to two well-behaved dogs are welcome at the property (small additional charge per dog).
- Parking for three vehicles.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- The original part of the house has vaulted ceilings with green oak beams.
- Solid oak flooring in all rooms except the bathrooms.
- West-facing patio with outdoor dining area.
- Underfloor heating.
- Guests are welcome to walk around the farm and further afield.
- Electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
- TV, DVD player, CD/radio. Mobile phone.
- Cot and highchair available on request.
- Outdoor dining furniture and barbecue.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- Tennis Court
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Cornhill-on-Tweed area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Coldstream Museum - 1.3 miles (Museum)
The Hirsel Estate & Homestead Museum - 2.1 miles (Countryside)
Flodden Battlefield Site - 2.9 miles (Countryside)
Crookham Peace Garden - 4.1 miles (Garden)
Etal Castle - 4.8 miles (Castle)
Etal, St Mary's Chapel - 5 miles (Historic Church)
Heatherslaw Light Railway - 5.1 miles (Family Attraction)
Heatherslaw Mill - 5.2 miles (Historic Building)
Bughtrig Garden - 5.5 miles (Garden)
Ford, St Michael & All Angels Church - 5.9 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.