High Street
High Street, Burford
Burford cottage
A pretty Cotswold cottage off the High Street
The town seen from the Windrush
St John the Baptist, Burford, from the Windrush
Bridge across the Windrush at Burford
The three-arched packhorse bridge across the River Windrush at Burford
Almshouses, Church Green
Medieval almshouses on Church Green, founded in 1457 by Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick ("The Kingmaker")
Almshouse turret detail
Detail of a turret on Warwick's almshouses
Almshouses, window detail
Medieval window on the Earl of Warwick's almshouses, Church Green
Half-timbered shop, High Street
Half-timbered shop on High Street
Cottages on Sheep Street
Cottages on Sheep Street
Shops, High Street
High Street shop sharing premises with a pub. Look closely at the windows on the first floor - each is slanted slightly off level.
Lamb Inn, Sheep Street, Burford
The Lamb Inn, on Sheep Street, one of the oldest inns in Burford
The Tolsey, Burford
The Tolsey, where wool merchants met in the Middle Ages, and collected tolls from anyone doing business in the town.