Self Catering in Yorkshire - Askrigg
Areas: Yorkshire Dales, Yorkshire
The Old Dairy
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £402.00
The Old Dairy is a delightful, stone built cottage standing at the end of a quiet cul de sac near to the main street in Askrigg with spectacular south facing views over Wensleydale and the Yorkshire Dales.
Within a short walk you will find the church, village shop and delicatessen offering a range of local produce and freshly baked bread and pies, where you can also relax over a pot of tea and a slice of cake. You will be spoilt for choice with three pubs, all offering food.
Askrigg, (Old Norse for 'the ridge where ash trees grew') is located within the Yorkshire Dales National Park and is the fictional village of 'Darrowby', featured in the once popular 'All Creatures Great and Small' television series, and Skeldale House is recognisable as the vet's surgery from the show.
The beautiful Aysgarth Falls, an impressive series of waterfalls on the headwaters of the River Ure are around 5 miles away. Visit nearby Hawes, situated on the Pennine Way at the head of Wensleydale, awarded the English Tourist Board Silver Award for the 'Best Day Trip Out'. Hawes is home to the Dales Countryside Museum and the Wensleydale Creamery factory, where you can sample the cheese made famous by Wallace and Gromit!
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- One double bedroom with en-suite bathroom, one twin bedroom and one shower room.
- Up to two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge per dog). Please see notes.
- Wood burning stove.
- Children over the age of ten years welcome.
- Fully enclosed private garden.
- Parking is available for up to four cars.
- Minimum stay of two nights.
- Exposed beams.
- Washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge with large freezer compartment, dishwasher, microwave and free standing electric cooker.
- Freeview TV in the sitting room and the master bedroom, DVD player, video player, digital radio and a selection of DVD's and videos are available for use during your stay.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Askrigg area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Wensleydale Creamery Visitor Centre - 4.9 miles (Museum)
Bolton Castle - 5.4 miles (Castle)
Wensley, Holy Trinity Church - 8.9 miles (Historic Church)
Coverham, Holy Trinity Church - 9.7 miles (Historic Church)
Yorkshire Dales National Park - 9.8 miles (Countryside)
Coverham Abbey - 10.2 miles (Abbey)
Braithwaite Hall - 10.9 miles (Historic Building)
Middleham Castle - 11.3 miles (Castle)
Pendragon Castle - 12.4 miles (Castle)
Mallerstang Dale - 12.9 miles (Countryside)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.