Self Catering in Yorkshire - Coxwold
Sleeps a maximum of: 8
Pricing From: £736.00
This beautiful eight guest property is ideal for families ready to explore everything North Yorkshire has to offer. Coxwold is on the doorstep of both a National Park and an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is in easy reach of Thirsk, Helmsley and York.
The Limes is a beautiful, spacious property in the charming village of Coxwold which sits between the North York Moors National Park and The Howardian Hills, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. With four bedrooms, including one ground floor double with en-suite, the house is a perfect size for family holidays. The ground floor also features a large open plan kitchen/dining room and a comfortable sitting room with cosy wood burning stove. On the second floor of the property is a family room with L shaped sofa, smart TV and Blu-ray which provides families with a much sought after second space to relax in. The Limes occupies a good sized plot with well-established gardens to the front and rear and a pretty stream running through. French doors from the sitting room open on to a paved patio with outdoor seating and a large lawn.
Coxwold is conveniently located just 20 minutes' drive from Junction 49 of the A1. Within this pretty North Yorkshire village is a medieval church, village hall, outdoor tennis courts, tearoom and country inn. Many wonderful destinations can be reached from Coxwold including the traditional market towns of Thirsk, Helmsley and Easingwold. The famous city of York with its historic Minster, is only 20 miles away, perfectly located for a day trip. On the doorstep are two stunning natural treasures; the North York Moors National Park and the Howardian Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Whether on foot, bicycle, horseback or even steam train, the breath-taking Yorkshire landscape is just waiting to be explored.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests
- Three double bedrooms (one on ground floor) and one twin bedroom.
- Family bathroom and two en-suite bathrooms.
- Comfortable main sitting room and additional family room with 55" television.
- Large enclosed rear garden with patio.
- Front garden with open stream running through.
- Parking for up to four cars.
- Wood burning stove.
- Walking distance to village tearoom (2 minutes) and village pub (5 minutes).
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Free standing gas range, multifunction microwave, fridge with small freezer compartment.
- Dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Highchair, travel cot and stairgate available upon request.
- Two smart televisions with Freeview and Blu-ray players.
- DAB digital radio, radio alarm clock in master bedroom, Samsung Wireless Audio 360 Speakers with Bluetooth.
- Garden table and chairs seating 8 guests.
- Coal barbecue set.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- Some ground floor
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- Spa facilities (on/off site)
- Tennis Court
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Coxwold area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Byland Abbey - 1.3 miles (Abbey)
White Horse of Kilburn - 2.9 miles (Countryside)
Birdforth, St Mary's Church - 3.2 miles (Historic Church)
Gilling Castle - 4.4 miles (Historic Building)
Rievaulx Abbey - 5.6 miles (Abbey)
Duncombe Park - 5.6 miles (Garden)
Rievaulx Terrace and Temples - 5.7 miles (Garden)
Helmsley Castle - 6.3 miles (Castle)
Whenby, St Martin's Church - 7.3 miles (Historic Church)
World of James Herriot - 7.4 miles (Museum)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.