Self Catering in Cumbria - Armathwaite
Areas: Eden Valley, Cumbria
Riverside Retreat at Low Flatts
Sleeps a maximum of: 10
Pricing From: £1323.00
This mid-century house with a modern twist is located in the heart of the Eden Valley and boasts glorious views of the River Eden. Armathwaite is a vibrant rural village benefitting from its own railway station on the famous Carlisle to Settle scenic railway line.
Unique to the area, Riverside Retreat at Low Flatts is an architectural designed house circa 1956, built in the mid-century modern style. The house is situated in a tranquil one acre of mature orchard garden on the banks of the River Eden with glorious views of the river. Renovated in 2017, this spacious home equipped and furnished to a high standard with everything you need for a relaxing holiday.
The reception rooms are styled and furnished to reflect the origins of the property, maintaining original fixtures and fittings where possible. Whilst upstairs reflects an individual contemporary boutique style for your comfort and relaxation. Luxurious designed soft furnishings complete the welcoming ambience of this very special holiday home.
Armathwaite is a vibrant rural village benefitting from its own station on the famous Carlisle to Settle scenic railway line, in the heart of the Eden valley, on the Northern fringe of the Lake District World Heritage site. Surrounded by fertile farm land, beautiful riverside, woodland walks and unspoiled villages which lead through the Eden Valley, up the fellside of the Northern Pennines and out to the Solway Plain. Rich in history, flora & fauna; it is perfect for avoiding the crowds.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps ten guests.
- Sorry, no hen or stag parties.
- Five king-size bedrooms, all en-suite.
- Enchanting views of the river.
- One acre of enclosed orchard garden.
- Riverside patio and orchard patio with seating.
- Hot tub.
- Library and study areas leading to a sheltered balcony with seating for two.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Parking for up to seven cars.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Blackout curtains behind all curtains.
- Electric oven with separate electric hob and multifunctional microwave.
- Combined fridge/freezer with ice maker, two fridges and dishwasher.
- Two washing machines and one tumble dryer.
- Coffee machine, smoothie maker and instant boiling water tap.
- Six Smart TVs with Freeview.
- Folding 6'3 snooker table.
- Board games and garden games.
- Travel cot, highchair and two stairgates available on request
- Warming area for outdoor clothing.
- Garden tables, chairs and parasols (all folding and portable).
- Charcoal barbecue.
- Secure storage for bicycles or sports equipment.
- Sleeps: 10
- Bedrooms: 5
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- Games Room
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Armathwaite area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Wreay, St Mary's Church - 4.5 miles (Historic Church)
Wetheral Priory Gatehouse - 5.6 miles (Abbey)
Wetheral, Holy Trinity & St Constantine Church - 5.7 miles (Historic Church)
Long Meg and Her Daughters - 6.9 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Little Meg Cairn - 6.9 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Hutton-in-the-Forest - 7 miles (Historic House)
Warwick on Eden, St Leonard's Church - 7.2 miles (Historic Church)
The Citadel - 8.8 miles (Historic Building)
Carlisle, St Cuthbert's Church - 9 miles (Historic Church)
Carlisle Guildhall Museum - 9 miles (Museum)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.