Self Catering in Kent - Hythe
Sleeps a maximum of: 3
Pricing From: £349.00
Sea Holly is a charming period cottage nestled into Hythe's picturesque hillside within the conservation area, with lovely views over the town and to the sea beyond. Hythe's many attractions are a short stroll away and it is a pleasant 12 minute walk to the beach.
The landscaped garden is a delightful space for summer living, with sea glimpses and seating areas amongst the tall grasses and tropical planting. The cottage is a well equipped and comfortable retreat from the bustle of the town and sea front, yet is only a short stroll to shops, pubs and restaurants, with little need to use a car.
The Cinque Port of Hythe has changed little over the years, with its narrow streets and passageways complemented by historic buildings, public gardens, the Royal Military Canal and the expansive sea front promenade.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps three guests.
- Two bedrooms.
- One bathroom with walk in shower.
- Wood burning stove.
- Pretty, enclosed terraced garden and patio.
- Babies and children welcome.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum two night stay.
- This cottage is within easy reach of a beach.
- Within walking distance of local shops and restaurants.
- Wood burning stove.
- Electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washer/dryer.
- Television with Sky and Freeview, DVD, radio and WiFi.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Garden furniture.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Hythe's beach, where fishing boats are pulled up between trips, is a pleasant 12-minute walk from the holiday property via the Royal Military Canal and 'Ladies Walk' gardens.
- One can walk and cycle along the promenade or simply sit on the beach and watch the more energetic windsurfing and sailing.
- Romney Hythe and Dymchurch Railway, where one can take a trip on the world's smallest public steam railway across Kent's famous Romney Marsh to Dungeness.
- A little further afield you will find the beautiful, historical city of Canterbury (45 minutes) where you can visit the famous cathedral, go punting on the river or simply wander through the streets admiring the spectacular architecture.
- Sandling mainline railway station (five minutes drive from the property) provides access to London (journey time one hour 26 minutes).
- Sleeps: 3
- Bedrooms: 2
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Hythe area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Westenhanger Castle and Barns - 2.5 miles (Castle)
Dymchurch Martello Tower - 4.9 miles (Historic Building)
Brabourne, St Mary's Church - 5.5 miles (Historic Church)
Capel-le-Ferme, St Mary's Church - 6.8 miles (Historic Church)
St John's Commandery - 7.2 miles (Historic Building)
Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch Railway - 8.1 miles (Family Attraction)
Brook, St Mary's Church - 8.2 miles (Historic Church)
Willesborough Windmill - 9.1 miles (Historic Building)
Wye, St. Gregory and St. Martin Church - 9.9 miles (Historic Church)
Western Heights - 10.2 miles (Historic Building)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.