Self Catering in Devon - Axminster
Sleeps a maximum of: 10
Pricing From: £886.00
This thatched, 17th century, Grade II listed former farmhouse is situated in the peaceful village of Shute between Honiton and Axminster. It has a south-facing garden with fine views. The lovely resort of Lyme Regis is within easy reach.
Redgate Farm is a thatched, 17th century, Grade II listed former farmhouse in the peaceful village of Shute. The property has a beautiful south-facing garden and fine unspoilt views over the surrounding farmland.
Shute is a charming village located between Honiton (seven miles) and Axminster (four miles) with the National Trust property of Shute Barton at its centre, and Redgate Farm was originally part of the Shute Estate. There are many local walks in the surrounding countryside. There are two local pubs a five minute drive away in Kilmington serving good food, and the nearest shops are at Colyton, a six minute drive.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps ten guests.
- Six bedrooms, two of which are within the annexe.
- One family bathroom, one en-suite bathroom and one shower room.
- Wood burning stove.
- Landscaped gardens with herbaceous borders and large cobbles courtyard.
- A lake is 200 yards away from the house so please ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Onsite parking.
- Two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge), kept to the ground floor and off all furniture please.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Set in six acres of grounds.
- Oil-fired central heating, electric storage heaters in the annexe, gas fire in the TV room.
- Range cooker with gas hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Television, CD/radio, DVD player.
- Travel cot and high chair available on request.
- Please note there are steps between some of the rooms within the property.
- Games barn with table tennis, table football and a darts board.
- Garden leading to croquet lawn
- Paddock for ball games.
- Covered Bothy for outside entertaining
- Sorry, barbecues are not permitted due to thatch.
- Sleeps: 10
- Bedrooms: 6
- One Dog
- Some ground floor
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- Games Room
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Axminster area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Shute Barton - 0.3 miles (Historic Building)
Loughwood Meeting House - 0.9 miles (Historic Building)
Colyton, St Andrew's Church - 2.3 miles (Historic Church)
Musbury, St Michael's Church - 2.5 miles (Historic Church)
Axminster Heritage Centre - 2.9 miles (Museum)
Northleigh, St Giles Church - 3.6 miles (Historic Church)
Offwell, St Mary's Church - 3.6 miles (Historic Church)
Southleigh, St Lawrence Church - 3.7 miles (Historic Church)
Axmouth, St Michael's Church - 4.2 miles (Historic Church)
Farway, St Michael & All Angels Church - 4.9 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.