Self Catering in Cheshire - Rainow
Sleeps a maximum of: 5
Pricing From: £408.00
This fine cottage offers comfortable living in a historic setting, next to the former Cheshire Hunt Inn from which the Hunt used to ride. It enjoys wonderful country views and is in walking distance of the old mill village of Bollington.
Damson Cottage is one of two Cheshire Hunt holiday cottages in Rainow on the Cheshire border. Damson and Orchard Cottage are the result of a barn conversion completed in 2008. The original building dating back to the 1850's is situated next to a local landmark, the former Cheshire Hunt Inn from which the Hunt used to ride. The cottages have their own separate facilities but are available for hire together for extended family holidays to accommodate 11 guests for larger family groups.
Described by the Peak District Authority as a property of architectural interest, the barn is located on a small track, which winds its way up through the valley, forming part of the well-known walkers' path, the Gritstone Trail. The luxury self-catering retreat has been individually furnished and has its own unique character. Enjoying wonderful views over the open countryside, the cottage is within walking distance of the old mill village of Bollington, with its pubs, restaurants, local shops and parks.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps five guests.
- Three bedrooms, one en-suite bathroom and one family bathroom.
- Wood burning stove.
- Private garden to the rear with its own patio.
- Onsite parking.
- One well behaved dog is welcome (small additional charge).
- There is a low slanted ceiling on the far side of the main bedroom due to the shape of roof.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- A games room with full size table tennis and pool tables is available for the use of the occupants of both Damson and Orchard Cottages and is located within the grounds of the barn.
- Trampoline shared between cottages.
- Orchard which provides additional grounds for visitors to explore and enjoy.
- Shared use of a croquet lawn to the side of the barn.
- Wood burning stove in the living room.
- Electric fan oven with gas hob, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- 32' flat screen digital TV with FreeSat, DVD and CD player.
- Cot and highchair available on request.
- Garden furniture.
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 3
- One Dog
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- Games Room
- My Personal Sanctuary Spa
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Rainow area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Lyme Park - 2.7 miles (Historic House)
Adlington Hall - 3.2 miles (Historic House)
Macclesfield, Christ Church - 3.6 miles (Historic Church)
Forest Chapel - 4 miles (Historic Church)
Hare Hill Garden - 4.6 miles (Garden)
Alderley Edge - 5.7 miles (Countryside)
Siddington, All Saints Church - 6 miles (Historic Church)
Bramall Hall - 6.3 miles (Historic House)
Gawsworth Hall - 6.5 miles (Historic House)
Gawsworth, St James Church - 6.6 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.