Self Catering in Worcestershire - Tenbury Wells
Sleeps a maximum of: 6
Pricing From: £461.00
This 16th century timber framed house is surrounded by tranquil farmland in Fishpools, Kyre. It has many original features, including exposed beams and an old oak staircase and there are magnificent views in all directions over the Teme and Kyre valleys.
Long Cover is a charming detached cottage (rated Gold 4-star by the Tourist Board) in a very rural position in Fishpools, Kyre, near Tenbury Wells in Worcestershire.
This traditional 16th century timber frame house is surrounded by tranquil farmland and is situated half a mile from the nearest road. There are magnificent views in all directions over the Teme and Kyre valleys, ancient woodland and unspoilt farmland. It has a wealth of features including exposed beams, an old oak staircase, leaded light windows, an Aga and wood burning stove. The patio looks out over the Long Cover ancient woodland, rich in wildlife. This raised and tranquil cottage has magnificent views across fields and farmland.
Guests will enjoy a private patio to the side which looks on to Fishpools and an ancient oak woodland. The cottage is in an ideal location for an outdoor break in Worcestershire. Leading directly from the holiday cottage is an extensive network of footpaths and bridleways where badgers, woodpeckers, buzzards and owls may be seen.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Three bedrooms, one bathroom on the ground floor and a further wc on the first floor.
- Wood burning stove.
- Extensive shared gardens including a new flower garden which provides a delightful bothy, offering tea making facilities, a wood burning stove and a cosy environment to enjoy the garden.
- Private patio.
- There is a very large lake in the gardens and a brook at the bottom of the woods. Please ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Please note that the owner's house is also in the grounds as well as Coach House, sleeping two guests.
- Onsite parking.
- Up to three well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Use of seven acres of grounds, including two acres, paddocks and woods.
- Horse grazing available by arrangement (please contact the office).
- Swings available for use.
- Babysitting upon request.
- Oil Aga plus electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher.
- TV, DVD and CD player, Playstation 2.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Barbecue and garden furniture.
- Catering available, from home-prepared breakfast cereals through to sumptuous dinners, contact Hazel Cooks on 01885 410222 / 07703 281114 or email email@example.com
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- One Dog
- Some ground floor
- Three Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Tenbury Wells area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Thornbury, St Anna's Church - 2.4 miles (Historic Church)
Hatfield, St Leonard's Church - 3.1 miles (Historic Church)
Edwyn Ralph, St Michael Church - 3.9 miles (Historic Church)
Edvin Loach Old Church - 4 miles (Historic Church)
Lower Sapey, St Bartholomew's Church - 5.3 miles (Historic Church)
Bromyard, St Peter's Church - 5.7 miles (Historic Church)
The Time Machine Museum of Science Fiction - 5.8 miles (Museum)
Bromyard Local History Centre - 5.8 miles (Museum)
Brockhampton Estate - 6.5 miles (Historic Building)
Berrington Hall - 6.8 miles (Historic House)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.