Self Catering in Cambridgeshire - Kingston
Sleeps a maximum of: 16
Pricing From: £2044.00
Kingston Barn is a unique curved barn conversion, still retaining the round silo barn and finished to an exceptional standard. This special property is located seven miles west of Cambridge in the peaceful village of Kingston, with uninterrupted views over Cambridgeshire countryside.
Drive through the secure, gated entrance and you will find Kingston Barns which is an intriguing conversion of four beautifully presented luxury holiday barns. Renovated to an exceptional stand with contemporary fittings throughout, each barn effortlessly accommodates four adults. All barns are gloriously light and airy with open plan design enhanced further with the vaulted hall and galleried landing.
The property has vast sliding doors that leads directly onto the spacious and bright orangery which is full length across the whole barn, here you can relax and dine on the selection of garden furniture. The outside space has the added bonus of an African inspired fire pit along with various outdoor games. There are ample grounds for you to wander around along with a well-stocked soft fruit and fresh herb garden.
Kingston is a small village surrounded by open countryside a few miles south west of Cambridge. The village has a church and village hall: the closest shop is 1 1/2 miles away in Toft. Within two miles is the Bourn Golf Glub and Leisure Centre and the village of Bourn with a small shop and a butchers.
The Stove farm cafÃ© offers a wide range of light breakfasts, lunches and freshly baked cakes. Also in Bourn is the Willow Tree pub and Lalbagh Indian restaurant. Kingston Barns is situated within easy reach of most of most of the major routes through Cambridgeshire.
There is a daily bus service from Kingston to Cambridge and the nearest train station is in the village of Shepreth, with trains to Cambridge and London. Kingston Barn 1 (sleeps four guests); Kingston Barn 2 (sleeps four guests); Kingston Barn 3 (sleeps four guests); Kingston Barn 4 (sleeps four guests).
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps sixteen guests in four self contained properties.
- Six en-suite bedrooms with king size beds.
- Two en-suite bedrooms with king size zip and link beds (which can be configured as 2'6 singles on request).
- All properties have a ground floor shower room and boot room.
- Landscaped gardens with plentiful seating areas.
- Parking for up to twenty vehicles.
- Children welcome.
- Two well behaved dogs welcome in Barns 3 & 4 only (small additional charge).
- Minimum three night stay.
- Ground floor underfloor heating.
- Wood burning stove in Barn 1 only.
- Oven, induction hob, microwave.
- Access to a shared orangery, the length of the ground floor.
- Separate laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Dishwasher, fridge freezer.
- 48' flat screen television.
- Travel Cot (small additional charge applies) and high chair available on request (no stairgate due to design of stairs).
- Garden furniture.
- African inspired fire pit, gas BBQ
- Petanque court, Badminton equipment
- Boule, Kubb and bicycles
- Sleeps: 16
- Bedrooms: 8
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Kingston area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Kingston, All Saints and St Andrew - 0.2 miles (Historic Church)
Wimpole Hall - 2.7 miles (Historic House)
Barton, St Peter's Church - 4 miles (Historic Church)
American War Cemetery - 4.6 miles (Historic Building)
Trumpington, St Mary & St Michael - 6.2 miles (Historic Church)
Queens' College - 6.6 miles (Historic Building)
St Catharines College - 6.7 miles (Historic Building)
Clare College - 6.7 miles (Historic Building)
Trinity Hall - 6.7 miles (Historic Building)
St Bene't's (St Benedicts), Cambridge - 6.7 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.