Cambridge Guided Tours
You certainly do not NEED a guided tour to enjoy historic Cambridge - thankfully most of the major attractions are within a short stroll of each other in the old central core of the city. But taking a tour can give you a good orientation to this wonderful historic city. Also, tour guides can often access places that are off-limits to regular tourists, such as the university colleges.
Cambridge Blue Badge Guides provide regular guided tours of central Cambridge.
1. The City with Colleges as available; city churches and "The Backs" may also be included. Each guide can take up to 20 people. (2 hours)
2. Combined with Chauffeur Punting on the river along "The Backs". (2 hours combined)
3. One Hour Walking Tour; for people on tight schedules and tight budgets. Includes city sights and non-charging colleges as available. (1 hour)
4. King’s College Chapel Only, limited availability, depending on chapel opening times. (1 hour)
5. Evening "Drama" Tours during the summer months; meet Newton, Queen Victoria or Queen Elizabeth, Lord Byron, Henry VIII amongst others from Cambridge’s History. (1½ hours)
6. Themed; based on Architecture, Famous People, Gardens, Music, Royalty or Science for instance.
DAILY WALKING TOURS for families and individuals leave the TIC at regular hours. Tours last 2 hours and do not have to be pre-booked. For full details contact the TIC at the address below.
COACH TOURS are also available, taking in the city centre. The TIC also arranges half-day, and full-day tours.
To book Blue Badge Guides contact Tour Cambridge at the Cambridge Tourist Information Centre.