Self Catering in Yorkshire - Kirkbymoorside
Areas: North York Moors, Yorkshire
Riverside Farm Cottage
Sleeps a maximum of: 8
Pricing From: £552.00
Riverside Farm Cottage situated beside the River Dove offers a stunning secluded break with uninterrupted views across natural farmland. The attractive market town of Kirkbymoorside on the edge of the North York Moors National Park is only a few minutes away on foot.
The wonderful Riverside Cottage, located within 12 acres of private land, offers a stunning secluded break with uninterrupted views across natural farmland. The tree lined River Dove flows gently through the grounds, home to an abundance of amazing wildlife with kingfishers, herons, otters, squirrels and more to see.
The cottage has been stylishly renovated to a high standard and boasts picturesque views across stunning Yorkshire farmland from every window. The South-facing sitting room features patio doors which open onto the delightful garden and an enclosed patio bringing the outside indoors, making al fresco dining an easy option and the perfect place to relax in tranquil surroundings.
Riverside Farm Cottage is only a few minutes' walk from the bustling centre of the attractive market town of Kirkbymoorside which lies on the edge of the North York Moors National Park, in between the towns of Helmsley and Pickering. The North Yorkshire coast is easily accessible with the popular seaside resorts of Whitby, Filey and Scarborough all under an hours' drive away. The area has numerous public footpaths and trails suitable for all levels of ability which lead through beautiful countryside. More avid walkers can join the Coast to Coast path and the Cleveland Way long distance walk which starts in Helmsley.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests (maximum seven adults).
- Two ground floor en-suite bedrooms.
- Two further bedrooms and family bathroom on the first floor.
- Riverside location next to the River Dove.
- Fishing rights to the River Dove.
- Garden and enclosed patio.
- Wood burning stove.
- Children over 5 years old and babes in arms welcome.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Parking for three/four cars.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Fitted electric oven with separate electric hob.
- Multifunction microwave
- Two combined fridge freezers and one small fridge.
- Dishwasher, Washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Television with Freeview and DVD player.
- Hi-Fi CD player and digital radio.
- Selection of board games, books and cards.
- Local maps, guidebooks and walking routes.
- Bird spotting equipment.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Rattan garden chairs and coffee table.
- Gas barbecue.
- Guests are welcome to collect eggs from the owners hen house
- Two folding bicycles and sledges available on request.
- Fluent German spoken by the owner
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- Some ground floor
- Baby Welcome
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Kirkbymoorside area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Lastingham, St Mary's Church - 3.3 miles (Historic Church)
Nunnington Hall - 4.5 miles (Historic Building)
Cawthorn Roman Camps - 5.5 miles (Roman Site)
Beck Isle Museum - 5.7 miles (Museum)
North Yorkshire Moors Railway - 5.8 miles (Museum)
Pickering Castle - 5.8 miles (Castle)
North York Moors National Park - 5.9 miles (Countryside)
Pickering Church - 5.9 miles (Historic Church)
Helmsley Castle - 5.9 miles (Castle)
Duncombe Park - 6.5 miles (Garden)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.