This attractive ground floor barn conversion near the village of Pocklington can sleep six people in two double bedrooms and one twin room.
The Parlour is a ground floor barn conversion situated two and a half miles from Pocklington, near York in North Yorkshire. The cottage can sleep six people in three bedrooms, two doubles (one with an en-suite shower), and one twin, as well as a family bathroom. The rest of the cottage is made up of a kitchen with a dining room, and a sitting room.
To the outside of the cottage is ample off road parking and a private patio with furniture. The Parlour is located in stunning countryside and a lovely cottage from which to explore the surrounding areas.
RECENT CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Excellent Pet Friendly and Comfortable Place to Stay This was our 2nd visit to The Parlour and our stay was just as good as the 1st time. There were a few changes in the property - the ensuite bathroom has been changed, shower was larger but sink was smaller but fine if just to wash your hands, there is always the sink in the bathroom if want to use that instead. There is also a double shower over the bath in the bathroom which I loved, this was a great help having 4 adults in the property. One of the settees had been replaced and there was an addtional chair - the seating is very comfortable which is a bonus as I've stayed in placed before where this hasn't been the case. Love the large kitchen - mine would fit in there twice over.
There are a few things I feel would be just a small improvement:
As there are a lack of hooks to hang coats etc on, a coat stand or rack in hall or kitchen would be ideal, also on the back of bathroom and bedroom doors.
The en suite bedroom does not have a wardrobe, so more coat hooks on the wall would be a bonus.
A hoover as having a dog, it's difficult to brush the hairs up especially from the rug.
Apart from this, the Parlour is a perfect place to stay. Its location is so quiet and peaceful and has a lovely view over looking the fields. Its in an ideal place for days out to York, Beverley, the coast and only a short drive into Pocklington. Looking forward to returning again next year. claire R 2019-09-16
Holiday Cottage with good views We were disappointed with the cottage for various reasons.
Firstly there was no welcome and consequently felt very impersonal, admittedly we did arrive later than we had expected due to traffic and weather conditions and did contact them to inform them but we never saw the owners during the week we were there.
I know the area very well as I worked nearby for a number of years and we when we lived in the UK lived not far away, we wanted to visit relatives and friends and show our grandson the area where we used to live. The view from the cottage was lovely, and plenty of space for a young child and dog to play.
1. The bedroom with ensuite had no hanging space.
2. The ensuite itself was very small, the shower was not easily accessible as it had a sliding door which was very narrow. The wash basin was so small and had a glass shelf above it made it impossible to use it, even when washing your hands you got wet.
3. The Twin bedroom where our grandson slept had a free standing wardrobe which was unsteady and not fastened to the wall ? a big safety issue.
4. The bathroom needed an update as there were pieces of plaster missing.
5. The kitchen is well equipped with lots of cupboard space (but very little in them) and the usual kitchen appliances but failed on basic kitchen equipment - eg bread knife, paring knife, baking trays, tongs, to name a few items and the cutlery was a miss match of items.
6. The cottage is for 6 people but the toaster is only a 2 slice one.
7. The grill pan doesn?t have a handle so very difficult to pull out safely.
8. There were only a couple of instruction leaflets and very little tourist information.
9. Outside there was a table but only 3 chairs ? the cottage is for 6!!
10. The crockery, although plentiful was interesting ? extremely large dinner plates but the side plates and cereal dishes were minscule.
11. The main criticism was that the cottage is advertised as having internet/wifi yet it was extremely hit and miss and only worked on a few occasions which was extremely annoying.
12. Although it is Pet Friendly and were asked to remove dog hairs from the property, with no actual cleaning required, the use of a fairly stiff bristle sweeping brush on wooden floors to do so was difficult, a soft bristle sweeping brush would have been better.
13. Although it wasn?t dirty it does need a good deep clean.
14. The decorating ? painting, emulsion left a lot to be desired, it wasn?t done very well.
15. There was a book to write comments in but we did notice that some pages had been torn out and no doubt because of the comments we put, ours will have been torn out as well,
It may seem a long list of complaints but it is not meant that way, it is just that we have rented cottages for a number of years both in the UK and France and we compare it to our own cottage we had, and this one doesn?t live up to what we expected.
The setting and view from the cottage was lovely, and plenty of space for a young child and dog to play. It is an ideal place to visit York, Hull, Leeds and the Coastal resorts, plus the Stately homes nearby and other attractions further afield. redleg732018 2019-07-28
Good location wonderful views Very good location with wonderful views over Wolds. Only let down was it could do with a deep clean. A Holiday Lettings verified reviewer 2018-11-22
Great location for visiting our family. The cottage was clean and had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. Mr Harland 2015-11-22
The cottage was nice and spacious. The property was very clean and it was so peaceful. Mrs Worthington 2015-08-29
Parking Space Linen provided Towels provided Dishwasher Cooker Fridge Washing Machine Television High Chair Cot WiFi
Single Beds 2
Double Beds 2
Twin Beds 1
Oil central heating with electric fire Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, WiFi, selection of books and DVDs Fuel and power inc in rent Bed linen and towels inc in rent Travel cot and highchair on request Ample off road parking Patio with furniture Two well-behaved dogs welcome Sorry, no smoking Shop and pub less than 3 miles
Changeover Day Fri
is approximate and
should only be used to get a rough idea of the cottage location.
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Pocklington area.
Heritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may
be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute
facility listings will be always presented during the booking
process for your approval.