Harding House, Lincoln
History, tourist information, and nearby accommodation
This lovely old building was built in the 15th century, probably as a merchant's house. The lower floor is built of stone, while the upper floor is timber-framed. The house is named after NS Harding, a vicar of All Saints Church in Lincoln, who purchased it in 1930 and left it to the city of Lincoln on his death in 1952.
The house was restored in 1962 and today it houses an art and craft gallery. Harding House is just one of the many excellent historic buildings to be found on Steep Hill, the main route down from the historic Cathedral Quarter to lower Lincoln.
A few steps away is Norman House, also known as Aaron the Jew's House, while further downhill are Jews House, Jews Court, and The Cardinal's Hat, all worth a quick look.
About Harding House
Address: Steep Hill, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England, LN2 1LT
Attraction Type: Historic Building
Location: At the top end of Steep Hill, a very short walk from the cathedral.
Website: Harding House
Photo Credit: David Ross and Britain Express
We've 'tagged' this attraction information to help you find related historic attractions and learn more about major time periods mentioned.
Find other attractions tagged with:
15th century (Time Period) -
NEARBY HISTORIC ATTRACTIONS
Heritage Rated from 1- 5 (low to exceptional) on historic interest
Cardinal's Hat and Dernstall House - 0 miles (Historic Building)
Norman House, Lincoln - 0.1 miles (Historic Building)
Jews House - 0.1 miles (Historic Building)
Jews Court - 0.1 miles (Historic Building)
Medieval Bishop's Palace - 0.1 miles (Historic Building)
The Collection Museum - 0.1 miles (Museum)
Usher Gallery - 0.1 miles (Museum)
Exchequer Gate, Lincoln - 0.1 miles (Historic Building)
Nearest Accommodation to Harding House: