Leigh-Pemberton House, Lincoln
History, tourist information, and nearby accommodation
Leigh-Pemberton House is a lovely half-timbered house on historic Castle Square in Lincoln. The house was built around 1543, directly over the old Roman Ermine Street. It was originally a wealthy merchant's house, and later became an inn.
From 1899-1979 it served as a bank, during which time it was restored by the National Provincial Bank to its current state. The building was eventually given to the city of Lincoln by the governor of the Bank of England, Sir Robin Leigh-Pemberton.
The house is now the home of the Lincoln Tourist Information Centre. It is only a few steps away from the main entrance to Lincoln Castle, and in the other direction, to the Lincoln Cathedral precinct.
About Leigh-Pemberton House
Address: 9 Castle Hill, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England, LN1 3AA
Attraction Type: Historic Building
Location: On Castle Hill (Castle Square) between the castle and cathedral.
Photo Credit: David Ross and Britain Express
We've 'tagged' this attraction information to help you find related historic attractions and learn more about major time periods mentioned.
Historic Time Periods:
Find other attractions tagged with:
NEARBY HISTORIC ATTRACTIONS
Heritage Rated from 1- 5 (low to exceptional) on historic interest
Exchequer Gate, Lincoln - 0 miles (Historic Building)
Lincoln Castle - 0 miles (Castle)
Lincoln Cathedral - 0 miles (Cathedral)
Norman House, Lincoln - 0 miles (Historic Building)
Medieval Bishop's Palace - 0.1 miles (Historic Building)
Harding House - 0.1 miles (Historic Building)
Cardinal's Hat and Dernstall House - 0.2 miles (Historic Building)
Jews House - 0.2 miles (Historic Building)
Nearest Accommodation to Leigh-Pemberton House: