Self Catering in Cornwall - Truro
Areas: Roseland Peninsula, Cornwall
Truro Travel and Heritage Information
Sally Port Cottage
St Anthony's Lighthouse
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £546.00
Presented in association with Trinity House, this property situated at the furthest point of the beautiful Roseland Peninsula. The lighthouse is still operational, but Sally Port Cottage offers you a totally private holiday home in a stunningly beautiful location.
Sally Port Cottage is a single dwelling, reached via a 300-metre steep tarmac path leading down to the rocks from the headland above, where the car park is situated. The Lighthouse, for those of you who remember, was the location for 'Fraggle Rock' (the children's television programme, shown some years ago). The accommodation is totally private with no public access.
There is an observation room, which has a large picture window and is furnished with table and chairs, and an electric wood-effect stove so that you can be snug whilst watching the worst of any storms.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms, one en-suite shower room and one bathroom.
- A sun-trap patio area.
- Parking is in the National Trust car park - please see Notes.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Children over 14 years old are welcome. Sorry, no babies.
- This is an operational lighthouse with an automatic electronic fog signal.
During occasional periods of fog and mist, ear plugs are provided for your comfort.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Ideal for a romantic retreat, with observation room (detached from the property) with large windows overlooking fantastic sea views.
- This cottage is within easy reach of a beach.
- Electric wood burner, electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.
- TV, Bose bluetooth speaker, telephone with honesty box.
- Garden furniture.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Beach nearby
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Truro area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
St Anthony-in-Roseland Church - 0.8 miles (Historic Church)
St Mawes Castle - 1.1 miles (Castle)
St Mawes Church - 1.2 miles (Historic Church)
Pendennis Castle - 1.5 miles (Castle)
National Maritime Museum Cornwall - 2.1 miles (Museum)
St Just in Roseland Church - 2.8 miles (Historic Church)
Penjerrick Gardens - 4.1 miles (Garden)
Glendurgan Gardens - 5.3 miles (Garden)
Trelissick Garden - 5.3 miles (Garden)
Trebah Garden - 5.3 miles (Garden)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
St Mawes, Cornwall
Stay from: £575.00 - 4150.00
St Mawes, Cornwall
Stay from: £637.00 - 4697.00
Stay from: £992.00 - 6507.00
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.
UK Self Catering
England - Scotland - Wales
Devon - Cornwall - Lake District - Highlands - North Wales - South West Wales