Altarnun (or Altarnon, to give it its ancient, and more accurate spelling) is a lovely little village on the northern fringe of Bodmin Moor. The village takes its name from St Nonna, the mother of St David, to whom the attractive parish church is dedicated. The church was the traditional resting place of a stone altar used by St Nonna and a fragment of late medieval glass in the east window shows an image of the saint. Altarnun, Cornwall, England, PL15 7SJ
The parish church of St. Protus and St. Hyacinth at Blisland is a mainly 12th-century church enlarged and rebuilt in the 13th and 15th centuries. Interestingly, there is no historical record of a dedication for the church, though there is a reference to the church in the patent rolls of Henry VI in 1436. The current name of 'St Protus and St Hyacinth' is based almost entirely on local tradition. Blisland, Cornwall, England, PL30 4JE
The largest church in Cornwall, St Petroc's is dedicated to the patron saint of the region and founder of Bodmin. The church is largely 15th century, with Norman underpinnings, and in the churchyard is a 6th-century holy well dedicated to St Guron. Priory Road, Bodmin, Cornwall, England
Minster Church is set in an idyllic dell where moss and lichen create a lush, green sanctuary. The church goes back to a 6th-century monastery founded where St Materiana founded a holy well for healing. Remains of the saint's shrine can be spotted inside the church. Boscastle, Cornwall, England, PL35 0BW
Cotehele House is one of Cornwall's great treasures. The stately home near Calstock has been the home of the Edgecumbe family since the 15th century. Most of the multitudes who flock to see the house each year are unaware of a small historic chapel tucked away in the grounds. Cotehele House, Calstock, Cornwall, England, PL18 9RY
St Cubert's Church dates to the 13th century but stands on the site of a pre-Conquest church. Built into the tower wall is a 6th-century inscribed stone, and an ancient Cornish cross is nearby. The font is Norman, and the pulpit is made from carved medieval bench ends. The Glebe, Cubert, Cornwall, England, TR8 5EZ
St Cuby's is a 13th-century building, much restored in the 19th century. Highlights include an ancient stone font carved with pagan symbols, once used at a nearby holy well. Look for the tomb of Sir John Coleshull (d. 1485), and the carved grave slab of Anna Coffyn, who died in 1592. The Green, Duloe, Cornwall, England, PL14 4PW
Egloshayle Church stands beside the River Camel across from Wadebridge. The church dates to the 12th century and features a Norman font and a beautifully carved 15th-century pulpit of Caen stone. Look for the ornate 1735 memorial to Dame Barbara Molesworth of Pencarrow House. Egloshayle Road, Wadebridge, Cornwall, England, PL27 6AD
Egloskerry church dates to the 12th century and was once owned by the canons of Launceston Priory. Highlights include a pair of early Norman tympana, a 12th-century font, a 16th-century alabaster effigy of a knight, and 17th-century tombs of the Speccot family of Penheale. Egloskerry, Cornwall, England, PL15 8RU
St Symphorian's church dates to the Norman period, with heavy Victorian restoration. Inside the church are a 12th-century font and a pulpit made from medieval carved panels. Outside the churchyard is a 19th-century wayside cross. Forrabury Hill, Boscastle, Cornwall, England, PL35 0DJ
The Wellington Hotel is an imposing granite building that was built before the Battle of Waterloo. It was converted into a hotel in 1813 and named after the The Iron Duke (Arthur Wellesley; 1769-1852) after he allegedly stayed here.
An 18th century hotel in the centre of St Austell Cornwall that has been refurbished to a high modern standard whilst maintaining most of it's original features. All of our 17 rooms are en-suite and have recently been redecorated to a high standard.