Self Catering in Herefordshire - Hereford
Sleeps a maximum of: 6
Pricing From: £711.00
Situated between Hereford and Hay-on-Wye, Keepers Cottage is the perfect base for exploring the Welsh borders. If you would prefer to relax at home, the house itself has a cinema and sauna as well as table tennis table. The house and barn are completely enclosed with a courtyard for outside dining allowing the dog and children to run freely but safely.
Keepers Cottage is a Victorian gamekeepers house and has been completely refurbished to a very high standard, it offers high quality accommodation for up to six people in the cottage and the adjacent converted barn. It is reached by a private track through the woods and is situated in a grassy woodland glade.
If you really want to get away from it all, you can hole up in the cottage and apart from the occasional gamekeeper or woodsman passing by, you will be completely undisturbed. Relax at home as the house itself has a cinema and a sauna as well as a table tennis table. The house and barn are completely enclosed with a courtyard for outside dining and letting children and dogs run free but safely.
Guests have the opportunity to walk or mountain bike on the owner's private estate and in the woods around the house. Ideal den making opportunities for the young, the surrounding countryside is a haven for wildlife and is steeped in history. Offas Dyke, the border between England and Wales in the Dark Ages, runs directly through the estate and the only neighbours in the woods are fallow deer and badgers as well as buzzards, red kites, ravens and woodcock.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Three bedrooms, one bathroom and one shower room.
- Open fire.
- Surrounded by grassland.
- Onsite parking.
- WiFi (see notes).
- Two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge).
- As the property is approached via a track, in the event of bad weather conditions, the Estate office will be available to transport guests and their luggage to the property.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Electric range cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
- Television, DVD, Sky box and Xbox 360 console.
- Travel cot, highchair, stairgate available on request.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
- Sauna for six.
- Cinema Room with popcorn machine.
- Table Tennis.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Locally, there are excellent pubs and restaurants including the Michelin star pub The Stagg Inn.
- There is an excellent farm shop and cafe two miles away and other convenience shopping is available four miles away.
- The perfect base for exploring the Welsh borders, the Black Mountains, the Brecon Beacons and the historic Hereford Cathedral.
- Tour the unspoilt market towns of Leominster, Kington and Ross-on- Wye.
- The famous bookshops of Hay-on-Wye and the gastronomic mecca of Ludlow are also within very easy reach.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- Games Room
- Table Tennis
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Hereford area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Yazor, St Mary the Virgin Church - 1.8 miles (Historic Church)
Mansell Lacy, St Michael's Church - 2.1 miles (Historic Church)
Moccas, St Michael Church - 2.5 miles (Historic Church)
The Weir Garden - 2.8 miles (Garden)
Brinsop, St George's Church - 3 miles (Historic Church)
Wormsley, St Mary Church - 3.1 miles (Historic Church)
Madley Church - 3.5 miles (Historic Church)
Brobury House Gardens - 3.7 miles (Garden)
Bredwardine, St Andrew's Church - 3.9 miles (Historic Church)
Eaton Bishop church - 4.1 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.