Self Catering in Cornwall - St Austell
Sleeps a maximum of: 16
Pricing From: £2336.00
Nestled in a tranquil setting within the grounds of the Caerhays Estate and close to St Austell, sits The Vean, a beautifully restored Georgian country house with views over Caerhays Castle Gardens.
The Vean is a stunning Georgian country house on the Caerhays Estate near St Austell in Cornwall. This beautiful guest accommodation is nestled in the wooded Porthluney Valley, in a tranquil setting, and is an ideal base for guests visiting the area or as a venue for a special occasion. With eight luxurious en-suite double bedrooms and a beautiful guest sitting room, The Vean provides seclusion without isolation, privacy with luxury.
The Vean is the perfect place from which to explore Cornwall, the natural beauty of the coastline and its steep valleys. The architectural surprises and the inescapable sense of history all set the scene for a wonderful stay full of discovery. You could choose to explore the county's hundreds of miles of paths either by foot, bicycle or car. And just a short drive away you will find the picturesque and historic towns of Mevagissey, Charlestown, Fowey, Falmouth and Truro.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps 16 guests.
- Eight en-suite bedrooms with 6' super king beds (can be configured as twins on request).
- Stunning dining room seating up to 18 people.
- Open fire.
- Enclosed large rear garden and patio area.
- Private driveway and gravel car park.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Sorry no pets.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Various concierge services available.
- All spring stays (Feb-June) include free entry and parking into Caerhays Castle Gardens.
- Freestanding electric cooker and microwave.
- Large fridge and second fridge with large freezer compartment.
- Dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Televisions with Freeview TV in the kitchen and all bedrooms.
- Television with satellite TV and DVD player in the study.
- CD player and digital radio.
- Cots and highchairs available upon request.
- Gas barbecue.
- Garden furniture.
- Sleeps: 16
- Bedrooms: 8
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the St Austell area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Caerhays Castle and Garden - 0.3 miles (Garden)
Veryan, St Symphorian's Church - 3.4 miles (Historic Church)
World of Model Railways Exhibition - 3.5 miles (Family Attraction)
Lost Gardens of Heligan - 3.5 miles (Garden)
Mevagissey Sealife Aquarium - 3.6 miles (Museum)
Mevagissey Museum - 3.6 miles (Museum)
Trewithen - 4.7 miles (Historic House)
Probus, St Probus & St Grace Church - 5.4 miles (Historic Church)
Trelissick Garden - 8.1 miles (Garden)
St Just in Roseland Church - 8.3 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.