Self Catering in Cornwall - Helston
Areas: Lizard Peninsula, Cornwall
St Corantyn Cottage
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £384.00
less than 5 miles south of Helston, this delightful cottage on a tranquil estate has been renovated to a five star standard. The accommodation is on a single level and it is completely private, surrounded by a walled courtyard and an enclosed lawn garden.
Rural Retreats is delighted to offer you one of three three holiday properties on the magnificent Bonython Estate, less than 5 miles south of Helston on the northern part of the Lizard Peninsula in Cornwall. Each holiday retreat is uniquely decorated to a very high standard and offers great comfort and the privacy and quietness of the estate, yet close to the amenities of the small towns and villages nearby. The beautiful Bonython Estate Gardens, which guests are welcome to explore, comprises some 20 acres with a recently renovated walled garden and potager and a hidden valley with 3 small lakes.
The gardens are rated as one of 'The Great Gardens of Cornwall' and given a star in the 'Good Garden Guide'. Bonython Estate is a traditional, mixed agricultural Cornish estate with ancient manor, farm and woodland stretching almost from one side of the Peninsula (the Helford River) to the other (the beach at Poldhu Cove) with both shores just over a mile away. We offer other options at this location, which may be of interest if you need to accommodate a different sized group.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Master bedroom with 6'6 bed, dressing room and en-suite bathroom.
- Twin bedroom with 3'6 beds, dressing room and separate shower room.
- Wood burning stove.
- Ample parking.
- Private gravel courtyard at the rear at the property.
- Lawned garden to the front of the property.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum stay of two nights.
- Guests are welcome to explore Bonython Estate Gardens, comprising some 20 acres, with a recently renovated walled garden, potager and a hidden valley with three small lakes.
- Within easy reach of a beach.
- Electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- 32' flatscreen TV, DVD and CD player.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Outdoor furniture, sun loungers and barbecue.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Helston area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Bonython Estate Gardens - 0.1 miles (Garden)
Mullion, St Mellanus Church - 1.7 miles (Historic Church)
Halliggye Fogou - 2 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Gunwalloe, St Winwaloe's Church - 2.3 miles (Historic Church)
Mawgan Cross - 2.4 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Mawgan-in-Meneage Church - 2.5 miles (Historic Church)
Helston Museum - 4.6 miles (Museum)
Helston, St Michael's Church - 4.7 miles (Historic Church)
Landewednack, St Wynwallow's Church - 5.4 miles (Historic Church)
Trebah Garden - 5.9 miles (Garden)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.