Self Catering in Cornwall - Penzance
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £329.00
This comfortable cottage is situated on the Pendeen Lighthouse site, on a majestic granite headland. It provides a hall, sitting room, kitchen with dining table, bathroom, double bedroom and twin bedroom.
In association with Trinity House, Rural Retreats is pleased to present Solebay Cottage at Pendeen Lighthouse.
Solebay is one of two holiday cottages available at the lighthouse and has a dramatic location on a granite headland on the North Cornwall Coast within a Site of Special Scientific Interest and an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The South West Coast path passes round the headland, passing through part of Cornwall's oldest mining areas. The lighthouse lies six miles north of Land's End and two miles from St Just. The lighthouse was established in 1900, electrified in 1926 and automated in 1994.
You may be lucky enough to spot seals on the rocks below the lighthouse headland, as well as a variety of seabirds. With banks of seasonal pink thrift and golden gorse, the headland is a perfect location to watch the sun setting over the Atlantic.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms and one bathroom.
- Large walled patio to rear of the property.
- Onsite parking. Additional visitor parking is 100 yards away in a public car park which is off site.
- Sorry, no pets.
- The lighthouse does not have a fog signal.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Stunning, panoramic views with an abundance of wildlife.
- Electric effect wood burner, gas hob and electric oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.
- TV, telephone with honesty box.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Garden furniture.
- Also, on this site is Argus Cottage, sleeping three guests.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Baby Welcome
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- On Site Parking
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Penzance area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Geevor Tin Mine - 0.9 miles (Museum)
Levant Mine - 1.2 miles (Historic Building)
St Just in Penwith Church - 2.8 miles (Historic Church)
Men an Tol - 3 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Ballowall Barrow - 3.2 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Lanyon Quoit - 3.4 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Madron Holy Well and Chapel - 4.5 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Carn Euny Ancient Village - 4.6 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Sancreed Holy Well - 4.8 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Sancreed, St Creden Church - 4.8 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.