Self Catering in Cornwall - Padstow
Trevose Head Lighthouse
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £402.00
Presented in association with Trinity House, Trevose Head Lighthouse lies on a headland between sandy beaches, four miles west of Padstow. Nimbus Cottage is one of four delightful cottages on this private site, sheltered beneath the headland.
Nimbus is one of four holiday cottages available at the lighthouse which is located on a headland between the sandy beaches of Harlyn and Constantine Bays, four miles west of Padstow. The Lighthouse was built in 1847, electrified in 1973 and automated in 1995. The site is not open to the public and the four cottages are sheltered beneath a headland and are 75' above the sea, accessed via a one-mile-long private road. Fine views out to sea and the chance to watch fishing boats coming in and out of Padstow.
The cottages are semi-detached, with the lighthouse positioned in the middle. At the front, there is a communal tarmac forecourt with parking. To the rear, on the sea side, there is a shared, walled, grass area which is fenced at the cliff edge. (In the interest of safety, it is recommended that guests do not use this space). The South West Coast path runs round the headland and on towards Padstow.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms and one bathroom.
- Large communal, grassed area to the side of Brook Cottage.
- Parking for one car. Additional public parking available 100 yards away
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- The lighthouse does not have a fog signal.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Please see important information regarding this property within the Notes Tab above.
- Spectacular panormic views.
- Microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.
- TV and Bose bluetooth speaker.
- Telephone with honesty box.
- Two travel cots and highchairs are available on request (shared between the four cottages).
- Garden furniture.
- Also on this site is Brook Cottage, sleeping four guests, Verity Cottage, sleeping four guests and Pelorus Cottage, sleeping four guests.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Dog Friendly
- On Site Parking
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Padstow area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Prideaux Place - 3.9 miles (Historic House)
Padstow, St Petroc's Church - 4.1 miles (Historic Church)
Bedruthan Steps - 4.6 miles (Countryside)
St Enodoc Church - 5 miles (Historic Church)
Japanese Garden - 6.6 miles (Garden)
St Mawgan in Pydar Church - 6.7 miles (Historic Church)
Nine Maidens Stone Row - 7.7 miles (Prehistoric Site)
St Columb Major, St Columba's Church - 8.9 miles (Historic Church)
St Breock Downs Monolith - 8.9 miles (Prehistoric Site)
St Endellion, St Endelienta's Church - 9.2 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.