Self Catering in Cornwall - Padstow
Trevose Head Lighthouse
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £402.00
Presented in association with Trinity House, Trevose Head Lighthouse lies on a headland between sandy beaches, four miles west of Padstow. Brook Cottage is one of four delightful cottages on this private site, sheltered beneath the headland.
The lighthouse is located on a headland between the sandy beaches of Harlyn and Constantine Bays, four miles west of Padstow. The Lighthouse was built in 1847, electrified in 1973 and automated in 1995. The site is not open to the public and the four cottages are sheltered beneath a headland and are 75' above the sea, accessed via a one-mile-long private road. There are fine views out to sea and the chance to watch fishing boats coming in and out of Padstow.
The cottages are semi-detached, with the lighthouse positioned in the middle. At the front, there is a communal tarmac forecourt with parking. To the rear, on the sea side, there is a shared walled grass area which is fenced at the cliff edge. (In the interest of safety, it is recommended that guests do not use this space). The South West Coast Path runs around the headland and on towards Padstow.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms and one shower room.
- Large communal, grassed area to the side of Brook Cottage.
- Parking for one car. Additional public parking available 100 yards away
- One well behaved dog is welcome (small additional charge).
- The lighthouse does not have a fog signal.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.
- TV, telephone with honesty box.
- Two travel cots and highchairs are available on request (shared between the four cottages).
- Garden furniture.
- Also on this site is Verity Cottage, sleeping four guests, Pelorus Cottage, sleeping four guests and Nimbus Cottage, sleeping four guests.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- One Dog
- Baby Welcome
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Dog Friendly
- On Site Parking
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Padstow area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Prideaux Place - 3.9 miles (Historic House)
Padstow, St Petroc's Church - 4.1 miles (Historic Church)
Bedruthan Steps - 4.6 miles (Countryside)
St Enodoc Church - 5 miles (Historic Church)
Japanese Garden - 6.6 miles (Garden)
St Mawgan in Pydar Church - 6.7 miles (Historic Church)
Nine Maidens Stone Row - 7.7 miles (Prehistoric Site)
St Columb Major, St Columba's Church - 8.9 miles (Historic Church)
St Breock Downs Monolith - 8.9 miles (Prehistoric Site)
St Endellion, St Endelienta's Church - 9.1 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.