Self Catering in Cornwall - Lizard
Areas: Lizard Peninsula, Cornwall
Sleeps a maximum of: 6
Pricing From: £398.00
In association with Trinity House, Rural Retreats is pleased to present Lizard Lighthouse. Located on the Southern-most tip of mainland Britain, the six adjacent cottages of Lizard Lighthouse present guests with dazzling scenery and coastal walks right on the doorstep. Rare and beautiful flora and fauna make this cliff top location particularly special.
The nearby Lizard Village provides shops, restaurants and a friendly pub only a short 1/4 mile distance away. Lizard Lighthouse is a fully working lighthouse, first established in 1619. The distinctive two white towers that it is known for today were built in 1751 by private entrepreneur Thomas Fonnereau, and first lit on 22 August of that year.
Trinity House gained control of the lights in 1771 and continues to look after its operation to this day. It became electrified in 1924 and then fully automated in 1998. It has a 26 mile light range and an automatic 3 mile fog signal if conditions are misty.
Please be aware, this site is open to the public for lighthouse tours.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Three bedrooms, a double and two twins.
- One en-suite shower room, one family bathroom.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Enclosed courtyard.
- This is an operations lighthouse with an automatic, electric fog signal. During occasional periods of fog and mist, ear plugs are provided for your comfort.
- Babies under 10 months of age are welcome, however, for safety reason, children must be over 5 years old.
- Parking for two cars.
- Minimum stay of two nights.
- Coastal walks right on the doorstep
- The only cottage at Lizard Lighthouse with access to the unused West Tower.
- Guests can climb the 32 stone spiral steps to make the most of the magnificent sea views.
- Electric oven/hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave.
- TV and DVD player.
- Travel Cot and Highchair available on request
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- On Site Parking
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Lizard area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Landewednack, St Wynwallow's Church - 0.8 miles (Historic Church)
Mullion, St Mellanus Church - 5 miles (Historic Church)
Bonython Estate Gardens - 6 miles (Garden)
Gunwalloe, St Winwaloe's Church - 6.2 miles (Historic Church)
Halliggye Fogou - 7.7 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Mawgan Cross - 8.3 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Mawgan-in-Meneage Church - 8.4 miles (Historic Church)
Helston Museum - 10.3 miles (Museum)
Helston, St Michael's Church - 10.4 miles (Historic Church)
Trebah Garden - 10.7 miles (Garden)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.