Self Catering in Cornwall - Fowey
Sleeps a maximum of: 2
Pricing From: £357.00
The perfect romantic hideaway for two, Barnacles in Fowey has undergone an extensive refurbishment and is now a perfectly snug and luxurious retreat. A waterfront apartment, it has steps leading down to the sandy water's edge with a mooring for a small boat/dinghy.
The property enjoys steps leading down to the sandy water's edge and is an idyllic spot in which to enjoy a special holiday break. Set in a building that was once a chandlers, where transactions took place from boats moored alongside the decking, it now affords views of the Boddinick Ferry and of the constantly changing river scenes.
The ancient town of Fowey, with its harbour, yacht clubs and historic buildings, has much to offer its visitors. Narrow streets lead to interesting shops, excellent restaurants, bistros and pubs, also allowing access to cliff tops and small sandy beaches at Readymoney Cove, plus a myriad of activities such as sea trips, boat hire and guided tours.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- One bedroom with an en-suite bathroom.
- Juliet balcony and a decked balcony area.
- Although there is no designated parking it is possible to drop off cases outside the apartment. The Caffa Mill car park is a short one-minute walk away. (To purchase tickets, notice is required and charges apply.
- Sorry, no pets.
- A small baby in own moses basket is welcome.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Ideal for a Romantic Retreat.
- Floor to ceiling double doors in sitting room.
- Exposed stone wall and solid wood kitchen worktops.
- Contemporary glass, remote controlled, electric wall fire in sitting room.
- Electric cooker, ceramic hob and microwave. Dishwasher.
- Under worktop fridge with small freezer compartment, further freezer in passageway cupboard, along with washer dryer.
- Espresso coffee machine.
- 32' LCD flat screen digital TV (with Freeview)/DVD player/CD and radio.
- 22' wall mounted flat screen digital TV with inbuilt DVD player in the bedroom.
- Pay as you go mobile phone, for emergency use.
- Outdoor table and chairs and steps down to the water.
- Steps leading down to the sandy water's edge with a frape to allow a mooring of a small boat.
- Please note the passageway into Barnacles has shared access with the freeholder, who very occasionally uses it.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Baby Welcome
- Pub Nearby
- Beach nearby
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Fowey area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Fowey, St Fimbarrus Church - 0.3 miles (Historic Church)
St Catherines Castle - 1 miles (Castle)
Lanteglos-by-Fowey, St Wyllow - 1.1 miles (Historic Church)
Lantic Bay - 1.5 miles (Countryside)
St Winnow Church - 3.1 miles (Historic Church)
Par, St Mary's Church - 4.4 miles (Historic Church)
Tregrehan Garden - 4.8 miles (Garden)
Eden Project - 4.9 miles (Garden)
Pine Lodge Gardens - 5.1 miles (Garden)
Lanlivery, St Brevita's Church - 5.2 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.