This detached cottage in Probus sleeps four people in two bedrooms.
Swallow Cottage is a detached cottage in the village of Probus near Truro. The cottage has a king-size double room, a twin room and a bathroom upstairs. Downstairs is an open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire.
There is also a day room overlooking the patio. Outside, the garden has gravelled and lawned areas, plus a variety of seating areas. There is also off road parking for one small car, plus private roadside parking for one car.
Swallow Cottage is just a few moments walk from the village amenities, and makes a great touring base for the Roseland Peninsula, coast and attractions such as the Eden Project.
RECENT CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Christmas Break. This is our 3rd Christmas here at Swallow Cottage & we absolutely love it. It is an ideal place for relaxation & lovely walks for our dog Millie. The cottage is everything we wanted warm welcoming & so homely. Lovely gift on arrival thank you Sandra & Graham. Good pub food,fish & chips & Chinese take away. It is ideal for us as we park outside the cottage & the next time the car moves is when we go home. Couldn't wish for anything else just hope the owners don't sell as they are thinking about It. But if they do it's going to be hard to find something to suit us as we said we love it here & everyone is so friendly. Hopefully we will be able to come back next Christmas. A Holiday Lettings verified reviewer 2018-12-25
Worst holiday accommodation we have ever had We were extremely disappointed with the cottage due to several factors:
- The main one being the fleas. We were bathing our little dog every night where at least 2 or 3 or the vile things were left in the bath water. We bought a treatment from the vet for her as well as a spray for soft furnishings but it was apparent we were wasting our time as the week wore on.
- The second issue was the smell! The advertised 'day room' smelt like it had been used as a dog's toilet and couldn't be used at all, the soft furnishings/rugs and sofas smelt like they'd never been cleaned so we used the bedding from the spare single beds with extra pillows to sit on in the living room.
- The third issue was the cleanliness (or lack of it). Filthy cleaning cloths were left in the bathroom, the bath had scum around the sides, the shower curtain was covered in mould which beggars belief because it couldn't even be used due to the age and set up of the track, the back of the toilet hadn't seen a cloth in years etc etc etc. I cleaned both the kitchen and bathroom before we could use them (not what you expect to have to do when on holiday).
- The fourth issue was that most of the supplied towels and tea towels smelt old and damp like they'd been folded up when wet (really awful) so we only used the bare minimum.
- The fifth issue involves the windows. Although 2 key locks were supplied they were impossible to open without a massive amount of twiddling by which time any fire could have turned you into toast.
- The sixth issue was that there were soooo many cobwebs around the windows, corners and behind furniture (as discovered when bending over to turn down a radiator and receiving a face full of web!) that I have no idea when the place was last cleaned properly.
- The seventh issue relates to the garden that was overgrown and even allowing for the recent wind was not an area any person would want to spend time in.
- The eighth moan was the external laundry room that once again was disgusting and definitely not to be used.
The cottage was also absolutely crammed full of knick knacks and there was an awful lot of 'stuff' in draws and cupboards; it really felt like someone was living there (albeit with no clothes...).
I wanted to come home straight away but my husband persuaded me to stay and to view it as just a base to go back to each evening. This meant we had to go out every day so never had the opportunity to spend a day relaxing.
All in all, now I'm home I can honestly say that was the worst holiday I have ever had and the second time we have been disappointed with Sykes Cottages.
I have raised a complaint with Sykes and am waiting for a response..... jannewman831 2018-10-22
A very shabby, neglected property. Sadly, this is not going to be a good review. We were terribly disappointed with this holiday cottage. It was dirty and neglected. There was food left in the fridge and the remains of someone's Chinese takeaway in the freezer. The cupboards and cutlery were dirty, and there wasn't a single saucepan that we could use - they all needed replacing. In the children's room a strut was broken on one of the single beds and a broken drawer from the chest of drawers lay on the floor. The bathroom was dirty with masses of dust and cobwebs behind the toilet. It was impossible for an adult to use the tiny vanity washbasin because it was jammed against the bath, (we are very slim people!) and there was no power point for an electric shaver. Carpets throughout were filthy and the entire cottage was in a bad state of repair. Outside the garden was so overgrown you couldn't get past the table to the washing line, which didn't look usable anyway. The outdoor furniture was so dirty it would have taken a great effort to clean it up. At ?900 for the week we felt extremely let down. Because we have two children and a dog, we have booked many holiday cottages before and had great holidays. I posted a complaint to Sykes Cottages - the company that handled the booking, but did not receive a reply. The final straw was on the last day of our holiday when the owner of the cottage, an elderly woman, was banging on the door at 10am saying she wanted us out to get it ready for the next people. There was no information regarding this either on my booking details or in the cottage. If we had had time I was going to take some photos of the property but we had to leave in a rush. We will not be booking with this company again. jaynw2016 2018-10-02
The cottage was lovely and in a great location. Set in a peaceful village, we will definitely book again for next year. Mr Middleditch 2016-06-19
Swallow Cottage was of a very high standard situated in a lovely village. It was very homely and comfortable. We would recommend this cottage to friends and family. Mrs Nock 2016-05-22
Parking Space Linen provided Towels provided Dishwasher Cooker Fridge Washing Machine Television WiFi
Single Beds 2
Double Beds 1
Twin Beds 1
Details Gas central heating with electric fire Dual fuel range cooker with double oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs Fuel and power included in rent Bed linen and towels included in rent Off road parking for 1 small car, plus private roadside parking at front for 1 car Garden with gravelled and lawned areas with water feature, pergola, furniture and BBQ One well-behaved pet welcome Sorry, no smoking Shop and pub 5 mins walk Note: Property may be unsuitable for people with mobility issues due to small landing and staircase
Changeover Day Sat
is approximate and
should only be used to get a rough idea of the cottage location.
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Probus area.
Heritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may
be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute
facility listings will be always presented during the booking
process for your approval.