Self Catering in Cornwall - Lostwithiel
Sleeps a maximum of: 18
Pricing From: £2058.00
Boconnoc House is situated within a fine, private estate amongst rolling parkland, woods and farmland just a few miles from the Cornish coastline. A perfect location for a special occasion, large groups of families and friends can enjoy a luxury stay, with nine bedrooms and nine bathrooms, four large reception rooms, two kitchens, games room and library with cinema projector as well as beautiful gardens to explore and relax in.
Boconnoc House is a fine country estate tucked away along two miles of private roads. Beautifully restored, this magnificent accommodation retains the elegance of the Georgian era whilst providing modern day comforts and luxury. Situated amongst rolling parkland, you get a real sense of magic as you drive through the gates and weave your way up to the house where you are transported to the elegance and ambiance of a by-gone era.
A perfect location for a special occasion to be celebrated together with family and friends, summer stays, Christmas getaways and elegant functions.
Many local attractions can be found nearby with Lostwithiel hosting a number of antique shops, several pubs and restaurants. Just a short drive away, lots of splendid beaches can be found including Lantic Bay and the popular seaside town of Fowey is also well worth visiting. Lanhydrock House a National Trust property and the world famous Eden project are only a short drive away, to name but a few.
At certain times of the year, the estate is host to a wide variety of events. Please click here to look at the calendar.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps 18 guests over two floors.
- Nine bedrooms comprising of six double bedrooms and three twin bedrooms.
- Nine bathrooms.
- Four large reception rooms, two of which have open fireplaces.
- Two kitchen areas.
- Games room with a pool table, ping pong and table football.
- Library with cinema projector.
- Extensive gardens with a lake and a deer park.
- Private parking.
- WiFi available - please see property notes.
- Minimum stay of two nights during April to September and one night during October to March (excluding all Bank Holidays)
- Well equipped commercial kitchen with free standing gas cooker, microwave, dishwasher, large freezer, larder fridge and wine cooler fridge.
- Additional kitchenette on the first floor with kettle, microwave and fridge.
- Additional dining on the first floor.
- Garden furniture.
- Freeview Television in the Gallery.
- DVD player and radio.
- The library has a projector so you can immerse yourselves in cinema nights in front of the fire.
- Tennis court with rackets and balls provided.
- Webber BBQ for alfresco dining on the terrace.
- Trout fishing can be arranged.
- Services including additional housekeeping and a chef can be arranged for an additional cost.
- Property available for dinner parties in its Georgian Sunken Bath House at an additional cost.
- Sleeps: 18
- Bedrooms: 9
- One Dog
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Beach nearby (10 minutes drive)
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Lostwithiel area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Boconnoc - 0 miles (Historic House)
Porfell Wildlife Park - 1.9 miles (Family Attraction)
Restormel Castle - 2.6 miles (Castle)
St Winnow Church - 3 miles (Historic Church)
Lanhydrock, St Hydroc's Church - 4.2 miles (Historic Church)
Lanlivery, St Brevita's Church - 4.3 miles (Historic Church)
Lanhydrock - 4.3 miles (Historic House)
St Neot Church - 5 miles (Historic Church)
Duloe, St Cuby's Church - 5.7 miles (Historic Church)
Lanteglos-by-Fowey, St Wyllow - 5.7 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.